Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst away game

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Turkey said:

Hmm

Cardiff are scum.

Its bad enough starting on ramdom people.

Its worse starting on randoms in colours with small children.

:sheep:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Away to Portsmouth in March '84. We were 1-0 up at half time due to a Danny Wilson penalty.However.......Someone forgot to tell the Team to turn up for the second half. A young Mark Hatley scored a hatrick and we lost 5-1 (could have been more !!!).

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:
Last season's Palace game was possibily the worst day of my life, let alone worst away game

Ditto, its wrist slashing time just thinking about it :nono:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The 5-0 at Selhurst was a total wrist slashing experience, the anticipation, the gutless display and spending 90 minutes staring at a riot shield after the game. The 3-0 at Southend a few years back was soul destroying as well

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Legend said:
Away to Portsmouth in March '84. We were 1-0 up at half time due to a Danny Wilson penalty.However.......Someone forgot to tell the Team to turn up for the second half. A young Mark Hatley scored a hatrick and we lost 5-1 (could have been more !!!).

I was going to mention that one. It pissed down and they kept us in and the PA announcer went through all the Pompey scorers for our "benefit".

Still think October 26th was the worst though. So much expectation, such a disaster...Not helped by the morons in The Falcon or the police who wouldn't let us leave a) the pub or b) the match with an hour gone.

No question, Selhurst last year.

And not just for the football or the result.

Such as being treated like scum, as if we were from Croydon or somewhere equally bad, by the :censored: Met.

And, having flown in especially, to then have a delayed return flight that evening, so had to sit being miserable in Gatwick for 4 hours. Grrrrr.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Last year at Selhurst, deffo. I've never been reduced to total, numbed silence during a game as at that one. :(

Other than that, probably Scunthorpe away, losing 2-1 during the Great Escape season despite playing reasonably well. I was convinced that day that we were going to drop out of the league. Can't remember feeling lower during a trip home. Stayed up though, and apparently did reasonably well for a few seasons after that. :bounce:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Palace away 2002 - after 3pm the day was a disaster

Canvey Island away in the Cup was just utterly embarassing, even though we drew.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Most definatley Palace last year, the lowest point in my football life.
Last seasons Stoke game was pretty dire too, a must win game and we really were not at the races.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Simster said:
I was going to mention that one. It pissed down and they kept us in and the PA announcer went through all the Pompey scorers for our "benefit".

Still think October 26th was the worst though. So much expectation, such a disaster...Not helped by the morons in The Falcon or the police who wouldn't let us leave a) the pub or b) the match with an hour gone.

Yes I tried to leave the falcon, and then I was pointed out as a suspected hooligan. A prat of a policeman whispered in my ear that I was going to the cells, they searched me found nothing and let me leave the pub...pure stupidity...what a shit day.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
October the 26th closely followed by the 4-0 defeat at Brentford a couple of years ago.The match was bad enough then we got completely lost in the backstreets of Brentford and started on by about 20 Brentford fans.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
3-0 defeat at Twerton park in the mid nineties. Car broke down, got stuck in traffic, arrived 5 mins into the game just as they scored. utter shite. Torquay away 3-0 was also awful, went with a Torquay supporting mate who made sure I wore the stipes in the pub afterwards starting off an hour long barrage of chants from sheepshagging westcountryers :sheep:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Buzza said:
From a football point of view, the 5-0 defeat up the road last season.

From an aggro point of view, Spurs away when we were both in the Old Second Div in the late 70's (the one we have just been relegated from). It was sheer evil that day. The score was 0-0 and as a latecomer I had to stand in front of the shelf. It's the only time I was relieved that we didn't scrore. There was all sorts of trouble in the away end and outside afterwards.

The home game wasn't much better.

Absolutely agree. I was late for that Spurs game too. At first I thought they weren't going to let us in, but eventually we were allowed through an office entrance and got led out onto the pitch. The match had already kicked off (as had the violence) and we had to walk round the track on the edge of the pitch to get to the Brighton end (which was full of Spurs fans). Pelted and spat at all the way. Then we were just sort of pushed over the wall and left to fend for ourselves. One of the few times I've actually hit anybody but it was in self-defence, my fault for wearing a scarf (which I would NOT give up). Paul Clark nearly won it for us.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brovian said:
Absolutely agree. I was late for that Spurs game too. At first I thought they weren't going to let us in, but eventually we were allowed through an office entrance and got led out onto the pitch. The match had already kicked off (as had the violence) and we had to walk round the track on the edge of the pitch to get to the Brighton end (which was full of Spurs fans). Pelted and spat at all the way. Then we were just sort of pushed over the wall and left to fend for ourselves. One of the few times I've actually hit anybody but it was in self-defence, my fault for wearing a scarf (which I would NOT give up). Paul Clark nearly won it for us.

I remember that game vividly too. The chant of "We're the barmy Tottenham army" from about two foot behind me just as the game was about to kick off was a real pant filler.

Went in the shelf with two mates the following season and felt much safer!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rambo said:
Last seasons Stoke game was pretty dire too, a must win game and we really were not at the races.

I agree with that.

The only time I have been assaulted was away to Bradford last season. A woman walking towards me, deliberately shoulder barged me, making me stagger backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here