Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst away game

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Mine has to be Blackpool, going back some years now when I was about 15 years old. Being big for my age a group of skin heads thought they'd try and kick the shit out of me. I decided to leg it and after about 20 minutes of Benny Hill style running, I lost them, but minutes later I was then chased by another car full of local nutters. By the time I got out of Blackpool I ended up on a late train and when I arrived in London I was contronted by a group of Chelsea. I was glad to get home and from that day on I've never worn an Albion shirt away.

Looking back it was a quailty day and still makes me laugh now, if they caught me maybe it would be a different story.

What's your accounts, we all most have em...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hate to state the obvious but the worst match has to be last season at that Croydon shitehole, the day was bloody brilliant until kick off tho...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
December 1st 1990

Oldham 6 Brighton 1

500 mile round trip, flat tyre on M1 on the way up, plastic pitch, ex brighton player hatrick (Andy Ritchie), worst meat and potato pie ever tasted, pissed down all the way home on motorway with dodgy brakes.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
No contest for the unmitigated horror of the 5-0.

The feeling I got after their 5th went in... where's the smilie for hanging ones self?

Blackpool away circa '72. Lost about 6-2 in (I think) 2nd game of the season.
Only saving grace was I didn't have a 300 mile trip home as I was visiting relatives and got 'home' quicker than if we'd been playing at the Goldstone !

:shootself :rolleyes:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Many moons ago a game at Portsmouth when I went on the old Seagull Special train. We were all ushered to a particular set of turnstiles and got picked off on the other side by the Pompey muppets who had been chased out of the Fratton end by our thugs about an hour before.

I ended up nipping through a gate as my mates got beaten trying to get over the wall onto the pitchside track and spent the match with no idea who was around me as nobody murmured.

We lost 1 - 0, too.

I was about 14 and have never been so shit scared in all my life.

Jul 21, 2003
yep sully forgot about PortSCUMouth also remember the 0-0 draw when the record number of fans in the loos at half time just to get away from the p155ing rain. It was raining so hard and straight at you you had to kind stand sideways and try and watch the game.

sully said:
Many moons ago a game at Portsmouth when I went on the old Seagull Special train. We were all ushered to a particular set of turnstiles and got picked off on the other side by the Pompey muppets who had been chased out of the Fratton end by our thugs about an hour before.

I ended up nipping through a gate as my mates got beaten trying to get over the wall onto the pitchside track and spent the match with no idea who was around me as nobody murmured.

We lost 1 - 0, too.

I was about 14 and have never been so shit scared in all my life.

Was that the game where Millwall fans infiltrated our end 'cos their mob were away at Carlisle or some such place and they fancied a ruck?
:salute:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
coach03 said:
Was that the game where Millwall fans infiltrated our end 'cos their mob were away at Carlisle or some such place and they fancied a ruck?
:salute:

Quite possible. I didn't think to check! ???

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
1) Palace (A) Oct. 2002. Nuff said.

2) Pompey (A) 1980/81? Lost 5-1 after going 1-0 up - It pissed down & they replayed the commentary whilst keeping us locked in after the game.

3) Northampton (A) Oct. 1987. Quite possibly the most dire Albion performance I have ever witnessed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Palace game last season but I also remember a dire 2-0 defeat at Hartlepool in the 92/93 season where neither side could control the ball (it must have been hoofed out of the ground a record number of times).

But there was a horror the season before (i think) when we lost 1-0 to Walsall. We absolutely bossed the game from start to finish bit couldn't score and then they broke away and got a dodgy penalty just before the end.

The game was memorable for being the coldest i have ever been at an Albion game. It was a shit town, shit ground and shit result.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From a football point of view, the 5-0 defeat up the road last season.

From an aggro point of view, Spurs away when we were both in the Old Second Div in the late 70's (the one we have just been relegated from). It was sheer evil that day. The score was 0-0 and as a latecomer I had to stand in front of the shelf. It's the only time I was relieved that we didn't scrore. There was all sorts of trouble in the away end and outside afterwards.

The home game wasn't much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here