Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Locadia and i go back to Towner , Mellor , Poskett etc ....trolley was bad but he tried but Locadia came with massive plaudits and expectation , called himself the messiah and turned into an absolute fat, lazy wash out .....being charitable

Kemy a close second both noted for their sheer lack of effort more than anything

and for their sparkling DJ careers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s still Valur Gislason for me, he never showed anything but being absolute shite. I can’t recall a single moment when he wasn’t shite in every way

913C8AA0-60EE-4909-AF13-17D266FFA923.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best and Akpom………absolutely stealing a living. Locadia has at least shown fleeting glimpses of being a footballer and/or giving a shit - neither of those two did.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Amongst the worst

Teddy Maybank. Not so sure he contributed much. More interested in having a good time from what I can make out.

Infamous stories around him bricking it against Larry Lioyd.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Best and Akpom………absolutely stealing a living. Locadia has at least shown fleeting glimpses of being a footballer and/or giving a shit - neither of those two did.

Nither Best nor Akpom were ever officially Albion players though. The trouble with loanees is that when the going gets tough they often seem to go missing.

I totally agree though that neither seemed to ever break sweat whilst wearing an Albion shirt.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Yeah I have to agree on these two. Best looked like a player at the end of his career who couldn't give a **** about what he was doing as long as he was being paid. Akpom was someone who (as a young player) still had something to prove and EVERY time he came on it screamed "we're done trying" in this match. I seem to remember him being booed when he came on.

I'll also throw in Chris Holroyd. He was a trier (which is more than I can say for the above two) but he was just so, SO out of his depth. He looked like a 12 year old playing in a mans team bless him

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Always difficult with these, because it depends if you are choosing based on ability, or on effort. And then when it is ability, is it compared to the team/division they were in, or compared to every other BHA player back in time... I'd also filter out any youth players because that's an unfair comparison and they are still developing.

Effort wise, Best every time... it isn't even a discussion, although Andy Kennedy comes a closeish second

Ability wise, and compared to players in the same team/division... Craig Davies... you think our striker selection issues are a problem now?! Also someone mentioned Adam Chicksen against Derby, which is a little harsh because the playoff injury curse hit us up there, and we ended up playing Ward at CB, Chicksen at LB and he/we didn't stand a chance.

Ability full stop - Hilton, Mahoney-Johnson, Graham Smith

And then someone mentioned worst performance... 2 stick in the mind... Glen Thomas against Brentford... probably the worst 45 mins a player could ever have and the game was lost in the first 10. The other one was David Livermore at LB at Walsall... literally let the winger past him 3 times in the first half and 3 goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always difficult with these, because it depends if you are choosing based on ability, or on effort. And then when it is ability, is it compared to the team/division they were in, or compared to every other BHA player back in time... I'd also filter out any youth players because that's an unfair comparison and they are still developing.

Effort wise, Best every time... it isn't even a discussion, although Andy Kennedy comes a closeish second

Ability wise, and compared to players in the same team/division... Craig Davies... you think our striker selection issues are a problem now?! Also someone mentioned Adam Chicksen against Derby, which is a little harsh because the playoff injury curse hit us up there, and we ended up playing Ward at CB, Chicksen at LB and he/we didn't stand a chance.

Ability full stop - Hilton, Mahoney-Johnson, Graham Smith

And then someone mentioned worst performance... 2 stick in the mind... Glen Thomas against Brentford... probably the worst 45 mins a player could ever have and the game was lost in the first 10. The other one was David Livermore at LB at Walsall... literally let the winger past him 3 times in the first half and 3 goals.

Oh the memories! All bad ones :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here