Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worse places than Newcastle ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know it's going back a bit, but the "Daily Mail" thread with the photos of drunk/underdressed women (pause while you go and check it out and realise the true horror of what 'underdressed' can mean in some circumstances) was, I thought, a little unkind to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. Okay, some of its citizens are straight out of the pages of Viz (and what's wrong with that, I hear you cry?) but the place has an undeniable buzz, a great setting on the banks of the Tyne, and a fanatical* attitude to football.

There are far worse places in England, even if we restrict ourselves to football towns - Stoke, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Oldham, Gillingham and plenty more - or am I wrong?

* Some would say 'demented.'

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bloody hell, Newcastle is one of the friendliest cities I have ever been to...albeit just for a stag-weekend...in fact, if it wasn't so blooming cold I would happily live there!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Newcastle is a lovely city, but the stereotype is true. I was up there last Tuesday/Wednesday and the lads and lasses were out on Tuesday night underdressed as usual, whilst the snow was coming down.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Bradford, Middlesborough, Rhyl

Oct 25, 2003

i once was on a coach going through bradford and there was a stray HORSE just casually roaming the streets- not that far from the city centre either

there was quite a few people about and no-one seemed to mind that there was a horse on the loose

i once was on a coach going through bradford and there was a stray HORSE just casually roaming the streets- not that far from the city centre either

there was quite a few people about and no-one seemed to mind that there was a horse on the loose

Funny shit man :lol:

Newcastle is officially my favourite city in the UK, ever. Already planning my next weekend up there and I cannae weet, pet.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I regularly go up to Newcastle to visit friends.its got a great vibe and the people
must be amongst the friendliest in the country.So they know how to party-good on em

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I was at uni in Bradford and it was a pretty good place. I know an awful lot of my fellow students who decided to stay up there after graduating, it can't have been that bad.

Middlesbrough on the other hand is a tip, so is Sunderland.

I can't argue with Rhyl either - although there's plenty worse in south Wales.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think Newcastle's a great city meself. Trouble is, it's full of bloody Geordies.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

I honestly used to live near a stray horse in Bradford city centre. Just off Roslyn Place, BD1. You get used to it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bognor Regis, Merthyr Tydfil, Basingstoke and absolutely agree on Stoke.

You covering the Villa game Nick?
Don't know about the Villa game yet - but I've made it clear that another trip to Boracic Park will be unacceptable. Having said that, I'm quite looking forward to seeing Birmingham City win there on Saturday ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here