silverback-gorilla.jpg

Colossal Squid
5281130.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two to go through?

Some big guns come up against each other here.
Crocs have roamed the planet for 250 MILLION YEARS
Sharks have been around for 400 MILLION YEARS.
Squid have been around for 650 MILLION YEARS.

You don't get to last that long without some degree of HARDNESS.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This competition once again throws up, quite literally, a group of death.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For me it's the croc, perhaps because I've seen them close up. Any animal that can stop it's heart so it's almost dead, waiting for the right moment to POUNCE is hard in my book.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Colossal squid was robbed last year. It has been around for 650 million years, yet a fully grown adult has never been caught alive, because they swim so deep.

HARD

_47787558_mediaitem.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me it's the croc, perhaps because I've seen them close up. Any animal that can stop it's heart so it's almost dead, waiting for the right moment to POUNCE is hard in my book.
When in Oz, I was privileged to witness two crocs fighting over territory in a North Queensland creek. We were a fair distance away but the power exhibited was quite frightening. The guide told us that one of the crocs on show had won a fatal battle with a tiger shark the previous month. Comfortably.

Once again, an example of it's hardness. As you know, I'm a massive fan of sharks in general, but crocs are first class competitors here.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would say Gorilla but for the fact that they are so sedate most of the time. My vote goes to the Praying Mantis – a simply EVIL animal - by an antennae from the Croc.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I went Croc, they will get to the semis no problem. Why have you hidden the voting results? Trying to stop the blatant electioneering of previous years? Personally I would have brought in some UN observers to ensure that this is a fair vote.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Colossal Squid - that is one double hard bastard. its beak is scarey as f***. i have no doubt a great white shark would shit its pants if it came head to head.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Obviously humans because we invented every form of blowing shit up to kill eachother, and inadvertently endangered every living creature on the Earth with our filthy pollution.>>?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Squid have been around for 650 MILLION YEARS.

You don't get to last that long without some degree of HARDNESS.

Colossal squid was robbed last year. It has been around for 650 million years, yet a fully grown adult has never been caught alive, because they swim so deep.

HARD

_47787558_mediaitem.jpg

Colossal Squid - that is one double hard bastard. its beak is scarey as f***. i have no doubt a great white shark would shit its pants if it came head to head.

DAMN straight.

Vote SQUID

Oct 25, 2003
i think part of the squids charm is in its MYSTERY

we know so little about it but it seems to be built by the tears of children and feasts on the rotting carcasses of kittens, unicorns and rainbows....it's probably the thing that stops satan from rising from hell...he catches a glimpse of the tentacled nightmare merchant and thinks "f*** that, god can just have this one"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here