Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World cup seeds

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
32 teams, 8 groups of 4. With Germany and Brazil already seeded how are the remaining 6 seeds teams selected? Is it a set formula or at each world cup are the rulings altered at each individual world cup?:goal:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Altered every time to make sure England don't get seeded...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who do you fancy in our group? Poland, Brazil and Australia? :lolol:

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I think it is based on how well you've done over the past three or four World Cups.

In 2002 there were joint hosts which made seeding harder, this time round the hosts would be one of those who would have been seeded anyhow which means I reckon they'll be an easier chance of being seeded.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If we keep playing the same load of wank we played yesterday we won't be short of seeds.

I don't think Holland will be seeded on the basis they failed to qualify last time.

We might not be seeded either if we fail to top this qualifying group and cos of not being on the World Rankings top 10.

Aren't Sweden usually sweded too? Sorry I meant seeded.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I don't think Holland will be seeded on the basis they failed to qualify last time.

I think they will have to be seeded as they are the number 2 ranked team in the world at the moment

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd prefer we did'nt get seeded so we get a hard group as we play better against the better teams.....and shit against the little ones!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The top 8 ranked teams are:

Brazil
Netherlands
Argentina
Czech Republic
Mexico
France
USA
Spain

However Germany will be given an automatic seeding, and then it's

9. Sweden
10. Portugal
11. ENGLAND

Our recent record is average (QF in WC2002, QF in Euro 2004, Group stage Euro 2000) so can't see us sneaking up the seeds based on that performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here