Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup question

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Will we be seeing the 'Fan Parks' that were introduced at Germany 2006 this month in South Africa.

Be good to see as it generates such a great atmosphere for those unfortunate enough to not have a ticket.

While we're on that note whats the general consensus on Englands following? Were renowned for great support but will this be replicated in South Africa? Or will it be relatively low key by our usual high standards? Im wondering whether the crime out there will stop large numbers travelling.

I cant seem to recall what it was like in Japan and Korea. Be good to see masses of us out there again though.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Will we be seeing the 'Fan Parks' that were introduced at Germany 2006 this month in South Africa.

Be good to see as it generates such a great atmosphere for those unfortunate enough to not have a ticket.

While we're on that note whats the general consensus on Englands following? Were renowned for great support but will this be replicated in South Africa? Or will it be relatively low key by our usual high standards? Im wondering whether the crime out there will stop large numbers travelling.

I cant seem to recall what it was like in Japan and Korea. Be good to see masses of us out there again though.

do you mean 'Fan Parks' in SA or England? either way there is a 20,000 capacity one in Cape Town with huge TV's,a 5-a-side footie pitch and lots of beer/food tents which i will be frequentng:thumbsup: and another 4 around the city i believe! and in England think i saw plans for fan parks in London,Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham, Liverpool and Newcastle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Why are you unfortunate enough to not have a ticket?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i saw on the tv tonight that rustenburg only has one pub! bet the owners either mightily happy or worried he will have no pub left after the game.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Not just Cape Town, but J'Burg and Durban too (On the beach )

I think Soweto will even have a Fan Park

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm going to Durban and there are 3 there (25,000, 15,000 and 10,000) with the main one being on the beach. I'm there for 17 days, leaving on the 12th. Can't wait.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I'm going to Durban and there are 3 there (25,000, 15,000 and 10,000) with the main one being on the beach. I'm there for 17 days, leaving on the 12th. Can't wait.

If you are going to Durban, Visit uShaka Marine World!
:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here