Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World cup of Premiership?????????????????

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
A stupid thread really but if you had the choice, would you rather see Brighton get to the Premiership or England win the worlds cup?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
world cup 'or' premiership I should say!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'd be pretty happy with either of them.

The World Cup I think, as that can never be taken away from us, but our 1 year in the Premiership could be Swindonian in it's misery.

A World Cup win would bring me pleasure for longer.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd be pretty happy with either of them.

The World Cup I think, as that can never be taken away from us, but our 1 year in the Premiership could be Swindonian in it's misery.

A World Cup win would bring me pleasure for longer.

Lol I forgot about Swindon’s Premier League campaign! They would probably still be blushing 15 years on if it hadn’t been for Derby last season.

Gritt23 basically has the answer. If you add to that the basket case the Premiership is, there really is no contest. A better question would be England for the World Cup or Brighton for the FA Cup. Personally, I'd go for the latter, although I'd love both.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Er..If the choice was Brighton to WIN the Premiership or England to win the World Cup...Brighton.

Just to get in it and get beaten every week wouldn't be much fun.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Definetely World Cup. I don't really want Brighton to be in The Premiership.

If we won the FA Cup that would be awesome. If we won The Premiership it would be even better, but that would never happen unless we sold our souls to the devil.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23 basically has the answer. If you add to that the basket case the Premiership is, there really is no contest. A better question would be England for the World Cup or Brighton for the FA Cup. Personally, I'd go for the latter, although I'd love both.

Oooohhh, tougher choice that. FA Cup would be magical, but I'd insist we have to have the optional triangular corner flags as a constant reminder to all.

However, there is no doubt teh FA Cup does not have the magic it used to have. But FA Cup or World Cup is a much tougher choice than merely making it to the Premiership. the whole country goes mad with excitement when England get on a roll, and that is a truly fantastic feeling. I think I'd still marginally go for the World Cup.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Definetely World Cup. I don't really want Brighton to be in The Premiership.

If we won the FA Cup that would be awesome. If we won The Premiership it would be even better, but that would never happen unless we sold our souls to the devil.

Spot Bollock On.

My ManUre mates never understand it when I say that I don't want Brighton to get to The Premiership but you are dead right.

World Cup all the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here