Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World cup in Cologne...

Grin

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes
Im going out to Cologne for a few days for the world cup and wondered if any one else was or if anyone knew any good tips about the city? good places to go/aviod things to do ect??

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
The Cathedral and the square it's in are pretty cool, there is a Chocolate museum and dont forget a trip down the Rhine.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
how long you going for ?? where u staying??im going out to cologne in 2 weeks!!

Grin

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes
Will be arriving there on Friday morning and there through untill moday afternoon. Wozza what are you plans for saturday, might have to meet for a :drink: !

Grin

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes
Springal said:
how long you going for ?? where u staying??im going out to cologne in 2 weeks!!

Staying at Hotel Fuerstenburger, only booked it yesterday and managed to get three nights at 20 Euros a night, couldnt belive it, might be a bit of a dive though!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Have a 'Curry Wurst mit Pommes Frites' from an imbiss.

If God was German, this is what he would feast on...

currywurst_big.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Smart Mart said:
Have a 'Curry Wurst mit Pommes Frites' from an imbiss.

If God was German, this is what he would feast on...

currywurst_big.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
...and wash it down with a few litres of Kolsch ( the locally brewed beer ) or Bitburger (my personal favourite):drink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd definitely recommend climbing up the tower of the cathedral: one of those things that, as a kid, you skip up in no time at all, whereas when I last attempted it, my cousins and I were the wrong side of 3-4 Koelsches each and half a pack of Marlboro Lights and panting like steam trains before we even got to the bells half way up.

There are, of course, bars everywhere but some of the nicest ones are between the Hohe Strasse (literally, High Street) and Rhine, esp. around the Alter Markt.

Lively gay scene too, apparently, so it's like a little home from home for Brightonians.:)

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our party of 4 will be arriving on Tues 20th June, just in time for the Sweden match. We'll need to establish the best place to watch the match pretty quickly, as we only arrive 3 or 4 hours before kick-off and we haven't got tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here