Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup: England v West Indies

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That was a lovely shot from Luke Wright... nice cover drive for FOUR off Pollard.

England 177-6 (37 overs)

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Shite, absolutely shite. Whoever sanctioned the arranging of these fixtures since the end of the Ashes needs to be handed their P45. They aren't fundamentally bad players, they are just completely and totally knackered and mentally exhausted.

I saw some bod from the ECB come on TV the other day and say everything was alright because they 'will only play 5 game ODI series against the Aussies from now on'. That would have given them what, another week back in the UK before this tournament? The organisation has been a complete farce. When it comes to England vs Australia, no-one gives a flying fig about ODIs, all anyone cares about are the Tests. Yet in the past two years we've played ten Tests and 21 ODIs. 21!! Fuckwits.

and breathe

What makes it worse for me is that we already had an ODI series against Australia last summer. The one after the Ashes should have been 2-3 games MAX, maybe even none at all if you factor in this World Cup. Complete cricket overkill.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another quietly effective over from Kieran Pollard... just 3 runs come from it

spoke too soon... 2 buzzers off the last ball

England 188-6 (39 overs)

Wright 25* Tredwell 9*

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and Wright smashes him to mid wicket for FOUR... and then straight off the back foot for FOUR more.

10 off the over.

England 212-7 (42 overs)

Wright 43* Bresnan 5*

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Good commentating

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick