Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty One... Time for the boys to do us proud.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll be honest. I struggle to recall how Greece won their matches now. I was thinking more it was a case of how nobody saw them coming at the start of the tournament and they went the whole way.
Well they got beat by Russia in the group stage for starters and conceded goals.

This Moroccan team are unbeaten and only conceded one goal so far. And that was an own goal!

Reminds me of another team in this tournament with an absolutely superb defensive record. Only that other teams is also scoring goals for fun.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ever since the death of his baby Son in fact. It’s never pleasant to watch anyone with the talent he has, self-sabotage but that’s no excuse for behaving like a complete t@sser with everyone you work with - he’s always been a Prima Donna but he should have retired gracefully from high profile football months ago.

It is a sad end to a brilliant career.
I always found him a class act. Supremely gifted footballer, looks after his body (Rooney, same age, looks like the elderly retired bloke from the allotments down the road by comparison). Earned huge kudos round these parts for openly mocking the crapness of his colleagues at the Amex annihilation.

The animosity clearly has its origins purely in THAT incident = the red carding of Sir Lardalot. Or more specifically the WINKING that went with it ??? :lolol:

Cristiano Ronaldo :bowdown:

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
D9DE3D52-1BDB-4BF0-8370-9C0C112CFF9E.jpeg
8DB9B59F-C260-4CFD-8491-6DD662B4E5B4.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When does the LUZZING start ?

You have to feel sorry for PPF.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No disrespect to the countries left in, but with the likes of Belgium, Spain, Portugal and Brazil falling away, it feels like the World Cup is opening up in front of us.

It's up to us now.

Don't f*** it up, and don't let it go to penalties.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Is anyone else got a knot in their stomach? I’m feeling quite lightheaded with anxiety 😳

(Edit more to do with the possibility they might win rather than they will likely loose! I might add)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone else got a knot in their stomach? I’m feeling quite lightheaded with anxiety 😳
Nope - I just can't bond with this England team.
I wasn't expecting to bond with this W/C, but it's been superb.
Yet England are the team I've watched the least.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ronaldo. Such joy to see him leave like that. One of the world's worst cheats and a terrible example to everyone. Good.

Anyone know why the commentary team keep referring to Arab football when most Moroccans are Berbers, in fact there are few Arabs there as far as I know.
Ingorance?

Listening to a Moroccan TV presenter before the game, he said 'basically, I'm French.' :ROFLMAO:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nope - I just can't bond with this England team.
I wasn't expecting to bond with this W/C, but it's been superb.
Yet England are the team I've watched the least.
Not me and yes, that’s what’s drawn me in - the level of football in this WC - Also big teams getting knocked out - Wasn’t connected with England either until the last group game - seeing Bellingham-Dec-Henderson work so well, especially surprised by Bellingham - also Foden/Grealish doing magic and Kane so on form - I’m all in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d say the captain immediately sulking off to the dressing room leaving all his team mates on the pitch and ignoring all the fans is a pretty disgusting way to go. I’d always given him the benefit of the doubt up until these past few months and kind of liked him but i called it wrong.
Precisely.

Contemptible self-centered prat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not me and yes, that’s what’s drawn me in. Wasn’t connected with England either until the last group game - seeing Bellingham-Dec-Henderson work so well, especially surprised by Bellingham - also Foden/Grealish doing magic and Kane so on form - I’m all in.
Turned over at half time, as the game was over.

Edit - that was the Senegal game, not sure how much of the England group, I watched.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
GO LIONS - be brave lads and good luck 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

(Ps even if you loose 3-1 - which you may well do - loose it well!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here