Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Seven

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not many chances for either side but - unlike last night - a great atmosphere and high level of intensity.

Mac doing OK. For me Argentina's problem is Rodrigo De Paul. He slows the play down. Sub him off for a striker. However, I fear Mac will get the hook first.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair point well made

The governer of this country seem to be leaning to some kind of 80's Zimbabwean model. . .or closer to topic, perhaps THatchers bit on the side, a Pinochet esque regime.
When we fill a football stadium with people, then kill them, I'll agree with you.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Fair point well made

The governer of this country seem to be leaning to some kind of 80's Zimbabwean model. . .or closer to topic, perhaps THatchers bit on the side, a Pinochet esque regime.
When I first heard of Australia's answer to immigrants was to offshore it to some Godforsaken Pacific island a thousand miles from Australia, I thought 'I'm so, so glad we don't do that kind of thing here in Britain'. And then the lovely Priti Patel hijacked the idea and took it to a whole new level.

Anyway, I am derailing the thread. Back on topic. Mac Allister.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not many chances for either side but - unlike last night - a great atmosphere and high level of intensity.

Mac doing OK. For me Argentina's problem is Rodrigo De Paul. He slows the play down. Sub him off for a striker. However, I fear Mac will get the hook first.

Messi is the problem for me, same with Bale yesterday poor body language and can’t really be bothered

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Playing their Dad doesn't help. Argies are in the same boat as Port-o-gull and to a lesser extent England . . .seemingly undroppable Players bigger than the managers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, as an aside, if people make a noise about boycotting this world cup, surely that applies to all mediums, tv, radio, papers etc? If so, on that basis, there are a few slipping of the wagon!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jocko should have taken the ball off Lionel.

Jul 20, 2003
A measure of how boring I am finding this game is that I've just looked up what the cheerleader smilie is spelling in semaphore.

It's

U R U J B.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
GOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here