• Plan to

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Probably not

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Rio's a lovely city. Went there during the carnival earlier this year. Football's a passion in South America. If i ever had the urge to go to a tournament to follow England i would want to make the effort for this one - if we qualify that is.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Have been considering this for a while.

Wouldn't even get match tickets I don't think. Just go to soak up the atmosphere.

Can only think its gonna be amazing.

D

Deleted member 18477

More interested in the short trip across the channel to France 2016.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I'd love to but it will be one hell of an expensive trip. As [MENTION=18477]dig54[/MENTION] said, I'll be more intrigued about Euro 2016

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
May be traveling around the area at the time, if so I'll do my best to get hold of a ticket.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
As others stated, France 2016 is the one I'm looking forward too, however, my brother lives in Brazil so all I need to worry about are flights and my wife doing her nut about me going without her

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Canada is getting very close to qualifying.....if we come through in the end and qualify I will be heading down.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be a great world cup, out there for sure. Only problem will be weather !

France will be ok, but full of English twats no doubt.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Have been considering this for a while.

Wouldn't even get match tickets I don't think. Just go to soak up the atmosphere.

Can only think its gonna be amazing.

You would get tickets if you went to some qualifiers! and gained some loyalty caps. Not sure we would sell out all of our tickets due to price and distance....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It will be fantastic. Brazil is a superb country with so much going for it. I cant think of a better place for a World Cup.

Shame we have absolutely no chance of winning it though, I'd be more than happy with a quarter final defeat. England should be concentrating on France 2016, that has to be the target.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not been to South America before so would love the chance to go, think the cost will be too much for me. Not to mention the cost/time of travelling from place to place when you get there, not sure which city's are hosting games but there's potential for some pretty long distance travel for the teams.

Thought it would get cold there at night at this time of year, but temps in Rio are currently high teens/low twenties with high humidity.

Edit: Just found this for the host cities, Manaus won't be a popular choice for most nations

FIFA.com - The Host Cities for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazilâ„¢

cities100.jpg

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not been to South America before so would love the chance to go, think the cost will be too much for me. Not to mention the cost/time of travelling from place to place when you get there, not sure which city's are hosting games but there's potential for some pretty long distance travel for the teams.

Thought it would get cold there at night at this time of year, but temps in Rio are currently high teens/low twenties with high humidity.

Edit: Just found this for the host cities, Manaus won't be a popular choice for most nations

FIFA.com - The Host Cities for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazilâ„¢

cities100.jpg

It doesn't get cold in Brazil.

And Manaus is f***ing amazing. There's no getting away from the fact it is a shit hole of a city, but it's right in the middle of the Amazon! The only ways to get there are by air, or by boat. And it takes about 5 days to get there by boat from anywhere resembling civilisation. You could watch England play and then go for a quick cruise down the amazon river to see some dolphins and alligators.

Brazil's domestic airlines are actually pretty good as well, it's not as hard to get around as you'd think. It will be an amazing place for a World Cup, I'd love to go.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It doesn't get cold in Brazil.

And Manaus is f***ing amazing. There's no getting away from the fact it is a shit hole of a city, but it's right in the middle of the Amazon! The only ways to get there are by air, or by boat. And it takes about 5 days to get there by boat from anywhere resembling civilisation. You could watch England play and then go for a quick cruise down the amazon river to see some dolphins and alligators.

Brazil's domestic airlines are actually pretty good as well, it's not as hard to get around as you'd think. It will be an amazing place for a World Cup, I'd love to go.

Haha, I'm sure it is an amazing place but can't be too popular for nations to have to travel to and from! I really know next to nothing about Brazil, well South America in general to be honest, so have no idea what the transport is going to be like for footy fans come 2014.

Reading the detail about the cities on the link above makes me really want to go to Cuiabá though!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've been talking about it with mates all year. It's the year I finish Uni, and a few of the football supporting group i'm mates with all want to do it before we all go our seperate ways. Never been anywhere quite as out there as Brazil, and looks like a cracking country in the programmes i've seen, Dynamo's magician impossible series recently just showed how great the whole culture is over there.

Oh, and if not, i'll definitely be doing Euro 2016. Parents have a place between Nantes and Bordeaux (2 host cities), so will be taking a load of mates and crashing down there for 4 weeks ish.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Haha, I'm sure it is an amazing place but can't be too popular for nations to have to travel to and from! I really know next to nothing about Brazil, well South America in general to be honest, so have no idea what the transport is going to be like for footy fans come 2014.

Reading the detail about the cities on the link above makes me really want to go to Cuiabá though!

No I guess not. Manaus itself is a dump, but there is so much to see around it, you can get a boat an hour down the river and meet Amazon tribes who have never even been to Manaus, it's mental.

The transport generally is pretty good in Brazil, the long distance buses are great and the domestic airlines are no worse than the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet. If England get based in Rio I'm going to have to find a way to go, it really is a fantastic city. May mean splitting up with the wife for a bit but it will be worth it.

Oh and if England are based in Manaus I would recommend staying here... Amazon Rainforest Hotel Near Manaus Brazil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here