Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup 2010 Trivia

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What is the only country that England have played on nuteral territory only (ie not home or away as opposed to being in Switerzland)

Edit and Andorra/San Marino away games are considered away and not nuteral as only moved due to stadium requirements.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What is the only country that England have played on nuteral territory only (ie not home or away as opposed to being in Switerzland)

Edit and Andorra/San Marino away games are considered away and not nuteral as only moved due to stadium requirements.

Holland

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MIne was a slight trick question.

He scored a hatrick for his country at the finals, but didn't score at all for a/his club. Badly worded question,not perfect. I shall tell you if you are stumped (a clue).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
MIne was a slight trick question.

He scored a hatrick for his country at the finals, but didn't score at all for a/his club. Badly worded question,not perfect. I shall tell you if you are stumped (a clue).

A Clue please

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If you can call it a country - CIS, in West Germany 1988

EDIT: Scratch that - wrong answer. I'll think of another answer.

EDIT2: Kuwait in Spain 1982.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His hatrick and his lack of scoring were in different sports.
Ian Botham? Although I can't see what that's got to do with the World Cup so I'm probably wrong.

Just realised I think I know the answer. Is it Gary Lineker? He scored a hat-trick and certainly played for Leic second XI too. Presumably played one first team appearance and was out without scoring?

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Argentina is correct - they lost 6 and still qualified without a play-off

Uruguay lost six too. As did Honduras. You need to work on these questions a bit.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Couldn't find this online anywhere, so have just spent the last 30 mins researching it myself and there could therefore be one I've missed (which I will happily stand corrected on), BUT...

There are 8 countries who have never failed in the 1st round of finals that they have qualified for. Who are they?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Couldn't find this online anywhere, so have just spent the last 30 mins researching it myself and there could therefore be one I've missed (which I will happily stand corrected on), BUT...

There are 8 countries who have never failed in the 1st round of finals that they have qualified for. Who are they?

Without doing any research

England
Germany (W. Germany)
Argentina
Sweden
Australia
Croatia
Holland
Portugal

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Without doing any research

England
Germany (W. Germany)
Argentina
Sweden
Australia
Croatia
Holland
Portugal

0/8 I am afraid...

Oct 25, 2003

north korea
senegal
croatia?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Thinking along the lines of hosts who don't normally otherwise qualify but then do well in their own tournament, are South Korea one of them?

also guess, France, Spain, USA & Belgium

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
0/8 I am afraid...

That's an impressive failure :lol:

Amazed that Germany were ever knocked out in the first round.

I can't even think of many more: I remember Brazil, France and Italy all getting knocked out in the first round, so I know it's not them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here