Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup 2010 question...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Don't most world cups usually have games at about 5 and 8 each day? In which case it would be 3 and 6 here for us. I wouldn't mind betting they'll make them kick off an hour or two later in South Africa than usual to accomodate the european tv viewers though.

I bloody well hope so!

If games kick off at 3 and 6 then I have NO chance :down:

I can´t quite believe some of this! No matter what the time is there / here "Live" is in fact "Live" Yes perhaps a few seconds delay but come on people. There will be no betting coups sadly.

Au contraie.

Digital TV can take up to 10 seconds to transmit and decode and deliver to the terrestrial network. Add the delay in satellite transmissions............

In some cases when I have been listening to the radio and watching the TV pictures, penalties have been taken and missed on the radio before the kicker has even started his run up on the box:lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Easy, you are such a little SCAMP!!!

Reading this back you are clearly on a wind-up :lolol:

To be fair, it's not f***ing hard with dimlows like you on the board!!

Will they be showing the games on the tele?

No! No I don't expect they will bother showing games from the worlds biggest sporting event, I expect they'll just show repeats of Eastenders and if we're lucky we might get a highlights package during grandstand on a Saturday!!

Your username must be the biggest oxymoron going!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Arthur, please don't edit my posts to try and make your point. The emphasis was on the word live following Easy's post.

You decided to edit that bit out.

Won't they be showing them "live" on t'tele though?

It's no wonder I stopped coming on this board with idiots like you around.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:lolol:

I like your logic easy - it amazes me that niche hasn't been taken advantage of before.

US did have a stab at it. He opened a bookies just for sports in different time zones, then wondered why he didn't last long.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
'Inappropriate' but not an oxymoron.

You need an adjective and a noun for that.

Well there you go. Thanks for pointing that out.

Arthur, please don't edit my posts to try and make your point. The emphasis was on the word live following Easy's post.

You decided to edit that bit out.

I didn't decide to edit anything out, I just couldn't be f***ed to go back and get the exact quote. Regardless of the live bit it's still possibly one of the most stupid questions that has ever been asked on here and that is going some!

Don't you work in the broadcast media?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
don't even go there, this whole 'matches kicking off two hours after they've finished' thing was done to death on the EnglandFans message board a few years back, f*** me you wouldn't believe the replies.
on a diffrent subject I once met an American in the Dominican Republic that changed all his US$ into £stirling before he went because he was told there were more Dom Rep Pesos to the £ than there were to the $

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you have 4 televisions in the house it will be possible to watch "live" games which are not in sync with each other. The analogue signal will be received first , followed by Freeview , followed by Sky/VM/Freesat and finally SkyHD/VM HD/Freesat HD. Listening to the radio at the same time will be a complete headfuck.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you have 4 televisions in the house it will be possible to watch "live" games which are not in sync with each other. The analogue signal will be received first , followed by Freeview , followed by Sky/VM/Freesat and finally SkyHD/VM HD/Freesat HD. Listening to the radio at the same time will be a complete headfuck.

and you can watch live on iPlayer if Beeb is showing. oddly, this is faster than digital TV, so it'll be analogue (radio+TV same time i reckon), PC, Freeview, sky, sky HD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here