Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup 2010 question...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It has just struck me that the World Cup is now not far away at all. With this in mind I am now worrying about the location of this World Cup in terms of match times for us here in the UK.

Obviously many of us have to work, and so I'm wondering (depending on kick off times) how we are going to catch the matches?

Forgive my ignorance, I just literally have NO idea on world time zones etc...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It has just struck me that the World Cup is now not far away at all. With this in mind I am now worrying about the location of this World Cup in terms of match times for us here in the UK.

Obviously many of us have to work, and so I'm wondering (depending on kick off times) how we are going to catch the matches?

Forgive my ignorance, I just literally have NO idea on world time zones etc...

south africa time zone - Google Search

How did you survive when it was in Japan?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretoria is 2 hours ahead according to the World Clock on my phone. Which means that we'll be tuning in Live over here just after the match has finished over there. If you can get on the interbob in time to see the result, you can make a killing with the bookies.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It was +2 hours in March, but not sure if they have daylight saving time in their winter, like we do, at a time when we are ahead it could well mean that the time is the same! (or at the worst +1 if they don't)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Pretoria is 2 hours ahead according to the World Clock on my phone. Which means that we'll be tuning in Live over here just after the match has finished over there. If you can get on the interbob in time to see the result, you can make a killing with the bookies.

Won't they be showing them "live" on t'tele though?

Oct 25, 2003

surely if you tune into anything LIVE it's live

it won't be the same 'time' on the clock, but it'll surely be happening at the same actual time no?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

:lolol:

I like your logic easy - it amazes me that niche hasn't been taken advantage of before.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won't they be showing them "live" on t'tele though?

surely if you tune into anything LIVE it's live

it won't be the same 'time' on the clock, but it'll surely be happening at the same actual time no?

No you sillys.
If it kicks off two hours earlier, then its two hours earlier.
We can't SEE it until its kicked off, but it'll be LIKE its Live even though it happened two hours ago. Its because of the Earths gravity.

Or something.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
No you sillys.
If it kicks off two hours earlier, then its two hours earlier.
We can't SEE it until its kicked off, but it'll be LIKE its Live even though it happened two hours ago. Its because of the Earths gravity.

Or something.

Nope. You've lost me!

All I'm trying to ascertain is what kind of times of day over HERE in the UK, will the games be shown. E.g Morning? Afternoon? Evening? Night?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:

I like your logic easy - it amazes me that niche hasn't been taken advantage of before.

Indeed.
If its a 3pm kickoff over there, I'll just go on the BBC website at 3pm over here (as it'll then be 5pm there and the game will have been played by then) check the result, put the bet on, and watch it all unfold Live.

Simples.

Oct 25, 2003
Nope. You've lost me!

All I'm trying to ascertain is what kind of times of day over HERE in the UK, will the games be shown. E.g Morning? Afternoon? Evening? Night?

pretty much the same as normal games, give or take an hour or so

very little inconvenience caused, nowhere near the levels of CARNAGE caused by people getting pissed at 7am in 2002:drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope. You've lost me!

They'll be shown within 2 hours of the games over there.
But Live.

:lol::fishing:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I can´t quite believe some of this! No matter what the time is there / here "Live" is in fact "Live" Yes perhaps a few seconds delay but come on people. There will be no betting coups sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here