Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World class player

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Just seen Ray Parlour on Sky Sports News and he said Bale has got a lot to do to be a world class player but has the potential to be one.

How do you define a world class player

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
For me they have to do something on the world stage, i.e a world cup or at euro's. Bales never likely to do that but if he can get into the champions leauge next season and turn in performances like he does now, then for me he will be a true world class player.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Shame he's welsh he'll never play at a world cup finals and really prove himself at the Pinnacle of any footballer ,of course messi & Ronaldo are top 2 in the world but on current form Bale is right up there with them ( closely followed by vicente )

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
For me, there are only three players currently in the prem that could be considered 'world class' : Robin van persie, jack wilshere and bale (although wilshere is still developing an I would like to see bale really prove himself at somewhere other than spurs). There are other top quality players, like hazard and Santi cazorla, but I don't really think they could be defined as truly world class.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Bales a bit like George Weah and Ryan Giggs, in the sense that he truly is world class, but other than in the CL, he won't ever be likely to be able to prove his skills at the highest international level

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
For me, there are only three players currently in the prem that could be considered 'world class' : Robin van persie, jack wilshere and bale (although wilshere is still developing an I would like to see bale really prove himself at somewhere other than spurs). There are other top quality players, like hazard and Santi cazorla, but I don't really think they could be defined as truly world class.

What about the Liverpool striker?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
For me they have to do something on the world stage, i.e a world cup or at euro's. Bales never likely to do that but if he can get into the champions leauge next season and turn in performances like he does now, then for me he will be a true world class player.

Never, you can't blame world class players who happen to be part of a shite international team.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

529921_10151429454293139_509161409_n.jpg

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Just seen Ray Parlour on Sky Sports News and he said Bale has got a lot to do to be a world class player but has the potential to be one.

Churning out first class performances in more than ONE season. Not world class yet, but the way he's continuing, yes he will be.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

IMO Ashley Cole is far more "world class" than Bale or Wilshere.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012

Fellaini and Yaya Toure are similar players to Wilshere, but both are currently better. Not sure you can justifiably claim Wilshere is the only world class midfielder in the league.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When/IF Bale can do what he's doing consistently for 3/4 seasons, take a leap up to a team who're going to be in the top 2 every season and repeat it there, win a few major honours then you can put him in the world class category.

But it won't happen, Bale has been through these patches before and he's not consistent enough, when he done what he did against Inter Milan in the Champions League a couple of years ago, nobody has made a real hype about him since then until now.

An exciting player to watch.

World class? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here