Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Working from Home - Have we seen a sea change ?

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
My productivity goes from stratospheric at the office to completely indifferent at home. There are way too many easily found excuses not to work at home.

After two days attempting to work from home at the beginning of the lockdown I returned to the office where I have been working ever since. WFH doesn't work for me.

I can tell u 2 things:
1..my old man hates it as I mostly work in the living room and when I'm on calls he can't hear the telly (he's 81 and exists for his TV)
2. My employer loves it. My 10 hour day with commute has become a 10 hour + working day with late evening calls to the states or early morning calls to Australia now expected behaviour. Quote one unsympathetic boss "well it's not like you can go anywhere"..
In fact my firm love it so much I've been told I can WFH till JUNE 2021!!!

Oh and like most people in technology I don't get paid overtime for that extra work

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My productivity goes from stratospheric at the office to completely indifferent at home. There are way too many easily found excuses not to work at home.

After two days attempting to work from home at the beginning of the lockdown I returned to the office where I have been working ever since. WFH doesn't work for me.

That was the same for a sibling of mine who’s a project manager. Plenty of room at his home, but he prefers working from an office with colleagues, with the multitude of files to hand. With no distraction of teenage kids, domestic chores etc.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Starting to see a steady increase in passengers on the tube and national rail, fingers crossed confidence is coming back, hopefully will see further increase in passenger numbers next week when the kids go back to school.
In other news the boozers in central London seemed reasonably busy yesterday evening .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here