Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
3 mugs of tea a day is generally my limit. One when i first get up (note: get up, not wake up), one mid/late-morning and one afternoon normally suits me fine.

I WFH mainly so the mountain/tower idea is tempting, especially when feeling less productive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. When the fck does the football start again?

Eight o'clock tonight. The winner to join Neasden FC (leading goal scorer, B. Pevsner; OG12) in the North Circular Relegation league, next season.

In an ideal world.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm as English as cheddar cheese. I just don't GET how people can drink endless mugs of tea all day though. There's people at work who barely have their mugs empty, constantly glugging away all day long. Someone is always getting up to do another tea round, and apparently I'M the odd one here for nearly always declining.

I mean I like tea, but not to the extent of wanting it on an intravenous drip.

I'm with you there, absolutely LOVE tea, more than most things on this green Earth, but.... Recently had new windows put in and the blokes doing it drank insane amounts of tea (possibly my fault partly for being such a genial host). If I drank half that amount I'd be tachycardic by midday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm with you there, absolutely LOVE tea, more than most things on this green Earth, but.... Recently had new windows put in and the blokes doing it drank insane amounts of tea (possibly my fault partly for being such a genial host). If I drank half that amount I'd be tachycardic by midday.

Apparently if you drink enough of it, you shit turns brown.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I compost ours and they seem to vanish without a hint of plastic being left.

PG Tips can be recycled, it says so on the box. It helps if you split the teabag to speed up the process.

:dunce: I will edit that, just looked at the box and it does not mention composting the tea bags, it used to and you can find out online .......er somewhere. Bad day I need a cuppa.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm as English as cheddar cheese. .

5021254014006_T1.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm as English as cheddar cheese. I just don't GET how people can drink endless mugs of tea all day though.
You think you're English, but you've got some foreign blood in there. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

There's people at work who barely have their mugs empty, constantly glugging away all day long.
They're Englishmen.

Foreigner.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
PG Tips used to use plastic to seal the teabag but now have replaced this to make the teabag fully eco friendly for the compost.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why do tea drinkers feel the need to leave the poxy bags on the kitchen top? Why can't they go straight in the bin?

** cough ** see previous posts on this thread !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why do tea drinkers feel the need to leave the poxy bags on the kitchen top? Why can't they go straight in the bin?

Or they leave them in the sink. I never understand it. You know full well they're not going to come back later and throw them in the bin. They'll just leave them there until a NORMAL person decides to throw them away, because they don't want a kitchen full of manky used teabags.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'd be pissing like a horse all day. Clear piss as well.

Nobody wants that.

You think you're English, but you've got some foreign blood in there. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Cheddar cheese ORIGINATED in the village of Cheddar, Somerset. The fact that other countries have since copied it is neither here nor there.

I had a Peking Duck in Streatham once. Doesn't make me Jet Li's cousin, does it.
(and no, that wasn't a euphemism)

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm as English as cheddar cheese. I just don't GET how people can drink endless mugs of tea all day though. There's people at work who barely have their mugs empty, constantly glugging away all day long. Someone is always getting up to do another tea round, and apparently I'M the odd one here for nearly always declining.

What the OP was getting at, I think, is about finding ways to do anything other than work when you're working from home. For instance, i'm being encouraged to work at home. No idea why. I do 4 minutes of work then find myself instinctively pottering around. I think I may have hit double figures on the tea front last Tuesday, I read every article of the Guardian site and my carpet was staggeringly well hoovered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A labourer on a site I worked on years ago came into the mess hut for a cuppa and finding no teabags, dusted off one that had been used and discarded into the rubbish pile about 3 days earlier amidst mouldy sandwiches and sawdust. He seemed happy with his brew though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here