Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working Christmas Day?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'll be with some Born Again Christians and that will be hard work !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I'm working Christmas eve until 1am on Christmas morning so yes. I also offered to work Christmas lunch (triple pay) but unfortunately they don't need me.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Don't plan to however if someone happens to lock themselves out early enough and it's close to home then yes I'll nip out. It'll cost them a bit however to get me out on Chrimbo day !!!:eek:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No, but my eldest son and daughter are working down the boozer at lunchtime.....son pulling pints and daughter serving Christmas lunches!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
still dont know for sure,the good people at southern have decided to move boxing day to suit themselves, so there will be some of us working.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We have this girl in recruitment who is a bit dappy
She thinks shes working Christmas day doing telephone interviews :laugh:
Oh and last week she moved computers and went from a crt monitor to a flat screen. She came into IT and told us her touch screen wasnt working (her kind colleagues had disconnected her mouse and told her it was a touch screen)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not this year. Have done so for the last 15 years so decided to book a holiday instead.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
not me- i'm off from 24th dec - 04th jan :thumbsup:

Same as me then. Though will be working hard up to and including Christmas Eve then like a bitch when I get back catching up on all the jobs that need to be run.

Chances are I may well dial in from home over that period to set a few jobs running just to make life a little easier when I get back.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nope but given the choice i definitely would as my old job paid treble time and there was a lovely laid-back atmosphere on Christmas Day in the restaurant.

Christmas feels like such a long day anyway with crap TV and no sport on.Hopefully the party games can mean playing for a few quid though to ease my gambling withdrawal symptoms.

I love Boxing Day though.:clap:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not but my wife is, consequently we're having Christmas Day on Boxing Day this year and Christmas Day itself will be a sort of extended Christmas Eve.

She's hoping the traffic wardens WON'T be working as that should make her job a little less stressful.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I'm not, but for the first time in a long time, I am working all the days in between xmas and new year. I've only been working for 2 months, so everyone else has already booked the other days. Can't say I'm overly bothered about it, it's great to be working again and I enjoy my job. At least we do get 4 days off for xmas, and 2 for new year, unlike the usual 2 for xmas and 1 for new year

Those of you who are working xmas day, what jobs do you do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here