Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Work evening out in Brighton - recommendations?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Been a while since I've had a proper 'night on the town' in Brighton so thought I'd ask the experts on here for some advice.

I have a work meeting in Brighton in a couple of weeks (a Thursday night if that makes a difference) and I'm taking my colleagues for dinner then drinks afterwards. There'll be roughly 12-15 of us for dinner and probably 10 for drinks with the crowd thinning along the way. Mostly 25-40, mostly men and I'm not looking to 'impress' anyone or anything, it's pretty casual! We have these meetings every few months around the country and normally just go for a curry then on to a few pubs/bars after, so will be a similar drill this time around.

I've booked a table at the Chilli Pickle for dinner as it was superb last time I went, probably a couple of years ago now, but the recent reviews are a bit mixed on TripAdvisor. Is it still any good, or am I better off looking elsewhere?

For the evening, not much of an appetite for clubbing or any of that malarkey, but I'm after anywhere good that's spacious and could accommodate a large group. Most of us are staying at hotels in the centre so no issues there.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Throwing a couple of suggestions out there. Dead Wax in Regent Street. Beers and pizza onsite. Not your thing then Ubarred brewery tap room where you can order Fato e Mano pizzas and have them delivered to your table in the tap room. Curry leaf for curry is a decent option. Just resent paying their inflated alcohol prices.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Throwing a couple of suggestions out there. Dead Wax in Regent Street. Beers and pizza onsite. Not your thing then Ubarred brewery tap room where you can order Fato e Mano pizzas and have them delivered to your table in the tap room. Curry leaf for curry is a decent option. Just resent paying their inflated alcohol prices.
Great shouts, thank you! Will have a look into those.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Never been chilli pickle so can’t comment. But I can second Unbarrred as a good venue, providing everyone likes craft beer.

Easy Tiger sounds right up your street, few pubs close by too and town a 5 minute walk away.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Booking restaurants for large groups can be hit and miss. I would take a look through this list, to see if anything suits. You are less likely to be rushed or bothered by other customers, if you have a private dining room

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A Taste of Sahara is quite fun for a big-ish group, then wander down to Lion and Lobster or summat.
The starters and mains are okay but the deserts are especially good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here