Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having looked at the plans again and ignoring the mock up cock up I think it is going to be okay. Maybe the mock was done to generate all this discussion and if so, it has certainly done that.

Very possibly mate, very possibly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, for years they have been tucked away out of sight out of mind. Like at most football grounds.

Another thing somewhat lost on a few on here is. There will be seats in there for helpers and any wheelchairs use will be obviously bringing their own.

Why the obsession with what the stand looks like empty ? With everyone in there - you will hardly notice.

this

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good post, the architect wants shagging for the lack of thought given to the inside of the stadium ,i don`t think any one is against dissabled supporters having a decent view but that east stand upper is a joke, the north and south stands are also too small what is the space behind them used for.

The North Stand is filled with the club offices. The South stand will contain the Players lounge and executive boxes.

Do you really believe that if Tony wasn't 100% happy with every single aspect of the stadium design then he would simply say "Oh well, it's a shame that it couldn't have been a better but I'll just accept what the architect has designed"?

Our stadium is exactly how TB wants it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well, I hope they do paint those 'gun billets' blue, it may make a difference. I'll take whatever they give me in all honesty, I'm just disappointed.

I was thinking exactly that. Paint the walls of those disabled areas blue and the bit underneath (hospitality?) and it would look much, much better. In fact, spot on I reckon.

It is a little disappointing when the rest of the stadium looks so good to see those cheap Colchester style grey bits. Maybe we could all have a whip round for the painting if TB's running a bit short of cash.... Wouldn't be unreasonable....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was thinking exactly that. Paint the walls of those disabled areas blue and the bit underneath (hospitality?) and it would look much, much better. In fact, spot on I reckon.

It is a little disappointing when the rest of the stadium looks so good to see those cheap Colchester style grey bits. Maybe we could all have a whip round for the painting if TB's running a bit short of cash.... Wouldn't be unreasonable....

In fact paint the whole f***ing stadium blue! Get rid of the grey matter completely! Give our stadium a bit more identity.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What the hell are you on about? Are you f***ing blind? The pic on the official website of the ESU looks f***ing awful! Who are you trying to kid FFS? Others agree with me so deal with it. I'm clearly, CLEARLY not the only one with that sane opinion!

Its looks fine to me me old mucker,... in fact its great, everyone I know who has looked at it says the same,....... you must be f***ing BLIND AND f***ing STUPID.... now wind your f***ing neck in and stop flooding this great board with your boring f***ing drivel....... 18 f***ing pages,.... Jesus...... !!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
The North Stand is filled with the club offices. The South stand will contain the Players lounge and executive boxes.

Do you really believe that if Tony wasn't 100% happy with every single aspect of the stadium design then he would simply say "Oh well, it's a shame that it couldn't have been a better but I'll just accept what the architect has designed"?

He's paying for it after all

D

Deleted member 18477

Its looks fine to me me old mucker,... in fact its great, everyone I know who has looked at it says the same,....... you must be f***ing BLIND AND f***ing STUPID.... now wind your f***ing neck in and stop flooding this great board with your boring f***ing drivel....... 18 f***ing pages,.... Jesus...... !!

:tantrum:

9 pages on mine.:moo:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Just an observation but wasn't the stadium designed well before TB got properly involved?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Come on, can anyone honestly say the East Upper looks any good on that mock up? No imo
Do the plans look like the mock up? Yes imo
Will it look crap? Probably imo
Will it look good? Maybe...well Probably not imo.

I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of where to put disabled areas etc.. Just the look of the stand imo.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I usually like to have a moan, but for once I wont. Think that the ESU looks really nice. When full it will look amazing

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of where to put disabled areas etc.. Just the look of the stand imo.

You are really, since the problem you have with the look of the stand is due the position of the disabled area. As if to say, could you possibly move away from the corners chaps - you are affecting my view.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Just an observation but wasn't the stadium designed well before TB got properly involved?

I think the details evolved quite a lot afterwards though.

Didn't the plans start off with the back of the North Stand roof being grass at one point, or did I just have too much cheese before bedtime one night?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I think the details evolved quite a lot afterwards though.

Didn't the plans start off with the back of the North Stand roof being grass at one point, or did I just have too much cheese before bedtime one night?

I fully agree with you but my point is TB was probably not involved in the design of the stadium AT ALL so it's hardly exactly as he would have wanted it. Not looking for arguments like I say it was just an observation

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You are really, since the problem you have with the look of the stand is due the position of the disabled area. As if to say, could you possibly move away from the corners chaps - you are affecting my view.

Jeez man, you really have a problem with anyone that says they don't like the look of it. You throw out the " you're saying disableds should be hidden under a some coats" rubbish. Its not the position, it's just the way it looks. Why aren't these things on the West Stand? Why weren't they there this season? Stop trying to suggest I or other have a problem with diasbled seating. Its just that it looks bad. I'm sure other new Stadia have delt with it differently. Now get off that high horse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here