Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This looks a million times better! Good job.. I'd be very happy with this!

It looks better, because the portacabins are smaller, but why do they have to look like portacabins in the first place? It will look like the site offices to me, unfortunately.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Disgusting attitude. Why should the able bodied fans in the West, who have paid TOP prices, have to put up with imperfect aesthetics, just to accommodate these so called 'disabled fans'?

Oh COME on, who has posted negative comments about accommodating disabled fans. Keep up your horrible holier then thou postings though they're great (not).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Some of the comments on here are f***ing laughable.

IT'S A PHOTOSHOP MOCKUP FFS.

Agreed, there are certainly a whole shed load of I'll informed Muppets on this thread, it looks fantastic, everyone will have a great uninterrupted view,..... get a life you pedantic gonads.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant believe people are defending it if it really is going to look like the website pic. It looks crap, and more than anything else, mystifying. After all the money spent to end up with a stand still looking unfinished would be very odd. I cant believe it is true, the seats next to the portacabin things wouldn't even be able to see the goal at that end of the pitch.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The real thing will have more of an overhung top deck, and those non seated end bits will be inconsequential compared to a mass of blue seats all about.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I don't think its particularly negative to say it doesn't look as good as it could be or what we hoped it would be. Hopefully it'll look better than the mock up but it is a little bit disappointing so far.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Perhaps therein lies the problem, the mockups on the website showing the East Upper with fans in it wasn't done by the club, but by an enthusiast, note the comment "This isn't official, but here's some mock-ups".

The drawings in the Soton program were done by the architects, the club has now issued an official mock up. Why does anyone think someone not involved with the project would be able to do any better. OK, they might make it 'look' better, but if it isn't accurate,what's the point?

Okay I'll say this slowly then.

The line drawing that is based on the architects plans has 5 rows of seats in front of the concrete wall. The 'mockup' doesnt. That's not a case of being someone not involved in the project thinking they can do better, its a case of suggesting that the official mock up is but a representation and not a completely accurate one at that.

If it were a football shirt and the design sheet showed 4 stripes and the photoshopped mock up showed 3 with the collar not as big and now piping on the sleeves I'm sure you'd be amongst the first to comment.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I cant believe it is true, the seats next to the portacabin things wouldn't even be able to see the goal at that end of the pitch.

You are soooo hilarious, do YOU really think the club and architects would design seats that couldn't see the pitch, really mate??,...REALLY??!!??

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
[/IMAGE]
What are they ?

Must be a mistake - some of the seats won't see all the pitch.

View attachment 31843

Look at where the seagulls are in this pic, they're either remapping the pattern or the original pic is a fake...

east-stand-brighton.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
From the line drawing there are 5 rows of seats plus the disabled platform in front of those areas and at most c15 rows beind them reducing to one.

I think that given the first 3 rows will overhang the middle of the east lower (and that isnt showing in the image) that the most likely scenario here is that the person who put the image together is not proficient at photo shop.

Okay I'll say this slowly then.

The line drawing that is based on the architects plans has 5 rows of seats in front of the concrete wall. The 'mockup' doesnt. That's not a case of being someone not involved in the project thinking they can do better, its a case of suggesting that the official mock up is but a representation and not a completely accurate one at that.

If it were a football shirt and the design sheet showed 4 stripes and the photoshopped mock up showed 3 with the collar not as big and now piping on the sleeves I'm sure you'd be amongst the first to comment.

I bow to your superior screen resolution or eyesight then. I am unable to count how mant rows there are on the mock up, as it is too small for me.

Come on then, lets all do our own mock ups, and then, when they don't look like the real thing we can complain even more. :moan:

Accomodating disabled supporters in a way that gives them a decent view, rather than being tucked behind a corner flag at pitch level, which often seems to be the case, is actually an excellent idea, and something the club should be applauded for.

Next you will want us to talk to them like normal human beings! This club is going downhill FAST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here