Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not criticising but the blank areas at the end of the ESU do look a bit strange what are the for, why is the seating not all the way across?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not criticising but the blank areas at the end of the ESU do look a bit strange what are the for, why is the seating not all the way across?

I think they're corporate, but I'm not sure. It looks super weird that there's chairs above them though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well I'd imagine they are something to do with the state of the art disabled facilities promised but lacking from phase 1.

I hope they are raised platforms with a few fixed seats for helpers. You need direct access into the back of the stand.

The funniest thing about this thread is the obsession with the what stand looks like EMPTY.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think they're corporate, but I'm not sure. It looks super weird that there's chairs above them though.

Possibly they are corporate, I understand we are attempting to attract a few supporters from Lords.

Unknown to many there is provision to drink in view of the pitch, as long as it is a G & T and you do so from the safety of the Pavilion balcony..

D

Deleted member 18477

Those portakabins as you put it are actually indented platforms with door and windows at the back..... they receded back onto the stand, not outwards, goodness sake

Thank God somebody else has some common sense to realise this. As the steps climb there is a void below, and as Somerset says they are the underside filled in, i'm sure if it is painted blue as per the seats, it will look fine.
Cant believe there are so many bell ends moaning about it, fuk off to Battersea stadium and watch Chelski and pay £60 for the cheapest ticket if you dislike it that much

Stop kidding yourselves. It looks stupid!

What has Chelsea got to do with someone having a negative view on a weird looking stand? Fans like you make me sick! you could go and watch Dag & Red if you like being shit and having shit so much.

This is 2012, 100 million has been spent, you do expect perfection unfortunately. the West stand is stunning. The north and south are ok. the east? Christ!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

What has Chelsea got to do with someone having a negative view on a weird looking stand? Fans like you make me sick! you could go and watch Dag & Red if you like being shit and having shit so much.

This is 2012, 100 million has been spent, you do expect perfection unfortunately. the West stand is stunning. The north and south are ok. the east? Christ!

It looks great......... that is all.... :p:p:p

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012

When I saw that mock up picture I first thought, good god how shite does that look but having taken time to have a proper look and then look at the architect drawings and how the stadium looks now then It'll look fine when completed.

Who ever drew that mock up on the official site hasn't a clue. It'll look nothing like that when finished.

Best that we all wait till the east stand is finished before giving our final thoughts :)

D

Deleted member 18477

When I saw that mock up picture I first thought, good god how shite does that look but having taken time to have a proper look and then look at the architect drawings and how the stadium looks now then It'll look fine when completed.

Who ever drew that mock up on the official site hasn't a clue. It'll look nothing like that when finished.

Best that we all wait till the east stand is finished before giving our final thoughts :)

I totally agree with let's wait and see how it looks in the flesh.

The fact that my views are on the mock up on the site, and people think that pic looks good is the laughable matter.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
for what its worth i also think the mock up looks shit, just hope it looks better in real life.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I think I'll live with your optimism for now, because if it does look like that picture I'll be very disappointed.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

The south and east would be much better if the seating went all the way back instead of stopping at what i presume are offices,the extra revenue would also come in handy i`m sure.Not very well thought out mr architect.:albion2:

D

Deleted member 18477

for what its worth i also think the mock up looks shit, just hope it looks better in real life.

I think I'll live with your optimism for now, because if it does look like that picture I'll be very disappointed.

The south and east would be much better if the seating went all the way back instead of stopping at what i presume are offices,the extra revenue would also come in handy i`m sure.Not very well thought out mr architect.:albion2:

This

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Suppose you're the one who done the mock up. Don't give up your day job.

I'm not. Look at the plans and it does look like that. The angle of that mockup means that you can't see the 3 rows of seats in front of the disabled area and the 6 behind are obscured by the short wall in front of it.
kjhsfadfhs.jpg

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not. Look at the plans and it does look like that. The angle of that mockup means that you can't see the 3 rows of seats in front of the disabled area and the 6 behind are obscured by the short wall in front of it.

It does not matter who did the mock up there are not enough seats there is far too much wasted space, which makes the Amex look half finished

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm just grateful to Tony and Martin for making the expansion happen... we need to get to 30k seats to have a chance of competing in Prem...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here