Home Away
------ -------
Box of frogs 283 vs Binkyblue 416
Flakehound 297 Binkyblue 421
BravoT 271 Binkyblue 390

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
This is my problem. I like to play an expansive game, with plenty of large words. Unfortunately that leaves plenty of space for my opposition to take advantage of.

As someone else has mentioned, it's not all about wordpower, (although that helps... particularly knowledge of 2 letter words). Part of the skill is in recognising when to open the board up, and when to keep it tight, sometimes sacrificing score to do so.
Playing for a high score, and playing to beat a particular opponent are two different strategies.

Last edited:

As someone else has mentioned, it's not all about wordpower, (althogh that helps... particularly knowledge of 2 letter words). Part of the skill is in recognising when to open the board up, and when to keep it tight, sometimes sacrificing score to do so.
Playing for a high score, and playing to beat a particular opponent are two different strategies.

I like to think of myself as the Arsene Wenger of WWF; resolutely sticking to my principles ignoring results and the abilities of others. At least that's my excuse for losing most games!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I like to think of myself as the Arsene Wenger of WWF; resolutely sticking to my principles ignoring results and the abilities of others. At least that's my excuse for losing most games!

I see myself as the Micky Adams. sinking with out a trace! i think im losing 4 out of 5 :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not sure if my game with sten is finished yet or not, but his game is certainly expansive. He opened the game by boshing 'Juicy' down for 40. With a rack of mainly vowels and other 1 point letters I was chasing from the off. He followed up with 'Prize'. Before long though there were 3 or 4 TWs available and I could pick them off with relative ease. If the game's not over yet, I think I'm well placed to win it.

Binky - I had no idea you were an NSCer you f***ing CHEAT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course you can. You can leave multi scoring boxes wide open for your opponent to exploit. Have you played Bozza yet? One game against him should convince you.

Having thought about it, agreed. And yes, it was almost tantamount to cruelty what he did to me.

I'm not sure if my game with sten is finished yet or not, but his game is certainly expansive. He opened the game by boshing 'Juicy' down for 40. With a rack of mainly vowels and other 1 point letters I was chasing from the off. He followed up with 'Prize'. Before long though there were 3 or 4 TWs available and I could pick them off with relative ease. If the game's not over yet, I think I'm well placed to win it.

Binky - I had no idea you were an NSCer you f***ing CHEAT.

It's currently B00zza 294 vs 246 sten_super, your go and 12 letters left apparently. I am now similarly overstocked on vowels. To be fair I think our game is the most open that I've had, there's only about three 2-letter words on the entire board! :eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Them there's fighting words... rematch?

Let's be clear - there were a few words you pulled out that I'd never heard of before and I called "cheat" and to your credit you 'fessed up. You were undoubtedly one of the better people I've played and I know why now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's currently B00zza 294 vs 246 sten_super, your go and 12 letters left apparently. I am now similarly overstocked on vowels. To be fair I think our game is the most open that I've had, there's only about three 2-letter words on the entire board! :eek:

I'll be playing my next goes in all my games in the next few mins - stay tuned!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
tinxtaylor 323 - Simster71 339

Come on simster you need to challenge me back for the return fixture.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
tinxtaylor 323 339 Simster71

But I feel almost guilty and tinx will be aggrieved not to have won it. I ROMPED into a 60 point lead but he kept coming back, and looked to have won it with TACET into the corner, leaving 3 letters to go and with a 26 point lead. However, I plonked down SEI onto the front of the existing ZED and double word scored and had the lead back for the first time and then closed out before he could.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
tinxtaylor 323 339 Simster71

But I feel almost guilty and tinx will be aggrieved not to have won it. I ROMPED into a 60 point lead but he kept coming back, and looked to have won it with TACET into the corner, leaving 3 letters to go and with a 26 point lead. However, I plonked down SEI onto the front of the existing ZED and double word scored and had the lead back for the first time and then closed out before he could.

Best and closest game I have had so far playing WWF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here