Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Worcestershire v Sussex, New Road, 16=05-2012, LVCC 11:00**

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nash should be learning from the master. That is how you play the four day game. Well played Ed.
Indeed. Nash has no idea about how to open in 4 day cricket - the problem is that the only other "batsmen" we have available are equally clueless...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Radio just said Luke Wright playing in the seconds due to the dengy fever scare, get him in the firsts...

A dengy fevered Wrighty is still a threat.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bring me sunshine, to clear thoses floods

Umpires: S A Garratt, P J Hartley

Worcestershire: Mitchell (C), Klinger, Solanki, Ali, Cameron, Pardoe, Andrew, Scott (W), Jones, Lucas, Shantry

Sussex: Nash, Joyce, Wells, Goodwin, Gatting, Yardy (C), Brown (W), Arif, Anyon, Panesar, Magoffin

Cameron is the contracted player at my [Wellington] cricket club - could do with him having a stinker so that Worcester release him and we can have him avaialbale for next Saturday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why, because of his career strike rate of 57?
That career strike-rate includes the early days of his career when he used to prodarse around not scoring any runs... as a mature batsman now he needs to take more responsibility than just going in and playing a few flash shots. I blame the fact that we don't have a batting coach apart from Hoppo.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
edit: sorry I forgot about Les and Grubby...

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
That career strike-rate includes the early days of his career when he used to prodarse around not scoring any runs... as a mature batsman now he needs to take more responsibility than just going in and playing a few flash shots. I blame the fact that we don't have a batting coach apart from Hoppo.

So it's a choice between scoring slowly and not scoring any runs, or scoring quickly and getting some? He is definitely a better player when he plays his shots and if the ball is there to be hit he should hit the thing. He will last the same amount of balls no matter how he plays, so he might as well get some on the board.

BTW, ever seen Sehwag play? I know there's little comparison between the two players, but it shows that openers/upper order batsmen don't all need to play like Boycs or Tavare.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So it's a choice between scoring slowly and not scoring any runs, or scoring quickly and getting some? He is definitely a better player when he plays his shots and if the ball is there to be hit he should hit the thing. He will last the same amount of balls no matter how he plays, so he might as well get some on the board.

BTW, ever seen Sehwag play? I know there's little comparison between the two players, but it shows that openers/upper order batsmen don't all need to play like Boycs or Tavare.
Far too sensible for this thread :) Not being a fan of "in-jokes" - there are a number of posters (including me) who shouldn't be taken seriously when posting about cricket... the hilarious joke is that we all think Sussex - the players, coaches and management - are completely useless and particularly in comparison to proper clubs like Lancashire and Surrey (ignore the lunchtime scores today - normal service will soon be resumed)...

Admittedly it isn't exactly "Milligan, Cleese, Everett, Sessions" comedy genius but it keeps some of us amused during the summer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Into the tail

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Goodwin FAIL