Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

woolies

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If say a CD was reduced to £7 in there, and it was £10 in WHSmith, surely you'd buy if from the cheaper one, so prices will have to reduced to deal with the competition (give it only be a day or not).

yes but if woolworths have three cd's left and twenty people want the CD then 17 will have to buy it at WH Smiths for £3 more.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
yes but if woolworths have three cd's left and twenty people want the CD then 17 will have to buy it at WH Smiths for £3 more.
but how many of the 17 would be prepared to pay a tenner ? If WH Smith did a price match at £7 they would sell 17 copies.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
manager told me today,friday they are wacking out everything at 50% off,i mean everything

Bit of a shit manager then isn't he. Don't fancy his chances much in the jobmarket come January.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But why would WH Smith price match on a product where the competition will disappear almost immediately. If they put the CD down to £7 what would stop Wollworths putting it to £5 as it is them desparate to clear the stock not WH Smiths. WH Smiths knows it doesnt need to sell the CD at £7.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If a WH Smith outlet is near a Woolworths store it would be sensible to reduce the cd to the same price and sell their stock rather than wait until the January sales when it would be reduced to that price to clear it off the shelves. As a business , they would rather sell 17 copies at £7 now rather than none at £10 or will they guess that they will sell all 17 copies at £7 in January ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
rammed but full of crap:ohmy:,if she wasnt so hot looking i would have had a word in her shell like

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i spent 128 spondoolies most of the stuff is 10 or 20% off though did find a lovely wine rack at 50% wat the fook im going to do with it is another matter as i dont drink,but what a bargain :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here