Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood Burning Stoves, Splitting Logs

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
We pick up & use pine cones as fire starters [our incendary devices!] & burn olive, almond & orange wood. Mostly delivered for 75 euros for a dumper load. Use a chain saw to cut some oversize logs. Wolf tools do a reasonable price log splitter, adverts appear frequently in the national papers.
Long live the woodburner!!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
S'about it.

That'll teach me not to check my posts whilst multi-tasking.

Whilst what?? You speak of this "multi-tasking" please elaborate...

Seriously though... anybody wants a fireplace from a well established, reputable company.. pm me :thumbsup:

We pick up & use pine cones as fire starters [our incendary devices!] & burn olive, almond & orange wood. Mostly delivered for 75 euros for a dumper load. Use a chain saw to cut some oversize logs. Wolf tools do a reasonable price log splitter, adverts appear frequently in the national papers.
Long live the woodburner!!!

that log splitter is that the manual one, i was thinking of buying it, but now mentally moving towards a top end swedish (gransfors) axe ( wood splitter)

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
that log splitter is that the manual one, i was thinking of buying it, but now mentally moving towards a top end swedish (gransfors) axe ( wood splitter)

Yes manual, but very little effort required. Pine cones are brilliant, we go out walking with an empty rucksack & come back with it full of cones. Only the 'pick up' ones that are fully open & empty of seeds. Wouldn't like to deprive the crossbills of their food!! Fabulous for starting fires though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here