Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't be pursuing Bagaykoko?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Reid had his dodgy moments but in general I thought they both did ok. Most importantly Hart improved greatly in that position and looked really solid towards the end of the season. He has all the attributes to be a RB.

Reid at left back was awful and when he moved to right back his confidence looked shot. His best games came when he played in midfield and had less defensive responsibilities, which is a bit of an issue if he has to play right back.

Hart had some mares in that position, yes he will try and his head does not drop, but again he is better used in midfield or attack.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
London Irish said:
Nope, the Dick Knight/board handbook says we can't potentially waste lots of money and overpay on these positions when there are more key positions to fill in the squad. McGhee is just making the best of that bad situation and getting undue criticism for it.

Rubbish .... McGhee has proven to be a great waster of money on players with little, or no talent

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a revolutionary idea. Its brilliant.

How about getting players who can actually play in that position and have not been converted from centre forward or midfield or whatever.

It'll never catch on tho

:nono:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rusco said:
Rubbish .... McGhee has proven to be a great waster of money on players with little, or no talent

Er...bullshit. CKR, Hendo, Carole, Frutos, Reid, McShane.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Reid at left back was awful and when he moved to right back his confidence looked shot. His best games came when he played in midfield and had less defensive responsibilities, which is a bit of an issue if he has to play right back.

Hart had some mares in that position, yes he will try and his head does not drop, but again he is better used in midfield or attack.

I totally agree about Reid. However I think Hart is very ineffective up front, not a particularly gifted player but one who sticks to a task, has pace and adaptability. Towards the end of last season he looked good at RB, with a consistent spot there I think he could do well. Was he also not a RB when he first started out?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rusco said:
McCammon, Turienzo anyone? Jury is still out on CKR

2 compared to 5 not including CKR. Hardly makes him a great waster.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I totally agree about Reid. However I think Hart is very ineffective up front, not a particularly gifted player but one who sticks to a task, has pace and adaptability. Towards the end of last season he looked good at RB, with a consistent spot there I think he could do well. Was he also not a RB when he first started out?

He maybe limited upfront, but in the games in the New Year where he played there he was the only that one that seemed to have any idea as to what he was meant to be doing. At right back I think he is a disaster waiting to happen, for all his effort he is of more use to us further up the pitch.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Les Biehn said:
2 compared to 5 not including CKR. Hardly makes him a great waster.

Errr ..... didn't we blow more money on Turienzo than any other player? I would also question whether Carole was really that good. For me he was too similar to Rod Thomas .... had great trickery, but couldn't cross or shoot for toffee.

I'll give you Frutos though, he has all the attributes to be a great player for us

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rusco said:
Errr ..... didn't we blow more money on Turienzo than any other player? I would also question whether Carole was really that good. For me he was too similar to Rod Thomas .... had great trickery, but couldn't cross or shoot for toffee.

I'll give you Frutos though, he has all the attributes to be a great player for us

I agree with you on all of that but I still don't think it makes him a great waster.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Les Biehn said:

No he was a centre back 'cos he had the biggest thighs and could boot it out of defence the furthest!!!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Perhaps Bagayoko himself decided he didn't want to play in England after a two week taster on trial. Perhaps he decided that he wanted to stay in France as it was a bit of a culture shock being over here. Perhaps he told McGhee this but didn't want it made public. Perhaps his agent found him a better deal. Who knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here