Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

I recall, a long while ago, early 70's possibly even late '60's, women's football seemed to suddenly raise its profile. I remember that Rye had a women's team that were quite successful and they had a star player (name unknown) who scored a lot of goals. I actually watched them play a match on the Salts but remember little more.

It would be nice to think that there are players from that era and maybe that game who are around still to see how far they have come.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
The way the game is played today, deffo a pen.

Shouldn't be, as it doesn't change the way the ball was going to go, but not surprised it's a pen.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
I think they're deservedly two up. For all the Aussies effort they really have nothing upfront if you snuff out the opportunities for Kerr. Sweden have played this tactically very well and Australia have been a bit naive.

The only thing about the goal was that Arnold was a wee bit static. Thought the strike was right in the side of the post, but actually it looked quite saveable from behind.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bouncing this to keep the thread going and avoid the need for a new one. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I could have been bothered I'd have started a poll: win this & Brighton lose their next match, or vice versa. I'd have chosen win this.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Come on girls, bring it home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here