Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Womens FA Cup - Brighton vs Huddersfield today at 12pm

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Driving in to Brighton this morning I saw the official Huddersfield Town FC coach (the one with wheels, not the boss). So for the next half an hour I was trying to work out why. Now I know. But not played since December with the league cancelled, how could the club afford an overnight trip with hotel accommodation for what must be 30 people? What does getting knocked out in the 5th round earn them?

I saw some of their staff coming out of the Travelodge on West Street this morning. The coach was parked outside.

Probably about £35 per room per night currently, which hopefully answers your question. At least they'd not have been disturbed by pissed up teenagers spilling out of Pryzm at 3am though, so, y'know, every cloud...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
That's a massive WTF. Likely to be fewer players to draw from assuming a certain number of transfers and being cup tied.

Yep, would imagine that squads and even managers might have changed by then. According to the info from the FA:

Following the pausing of this season's campaign over the winter due to government guidelines, dates for each round have had to be pushed back, meaning the final three rounds will be played on the following dates and go into next season.

Quarter-Finals: Wednesday 29 September 2021
Semi-Finals: Sunday 31 October 2021
Final: Sunday 5 December 2021

I understand that timelines have been affected but still can't believe that they couldn't have found a way to do these matches in the next month.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Quick update on the Women's FA Cup quarter-final draw.

The good news is that Albion Women have a home game against Charlton, the only Championship side left in the tournament.

Were Albion to progress, one might expect to see them on TV as both of the 2019-2020 Semi-Finals were shown live on either BBC2 and BBC4.

Manchester City v Leicester City

Birmingham City v Chelsea

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here