Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women - know your place!

Stumpy Tim

Girls eh?

My boss (female) heard a few of us talking about the silver medal in the high jump.

She askes me "is that the one with the pole?"
See, when she asked me that my first thought was the pole vault, that's a high jump with a pole isn't it?
But I quickly applied my "girlie sport" filter and realised that is what she probably meant, so I said "yeah".

this morning she asked me …..
"Is Denmark in Europe?"
I said "yes".
She says "I thought it was, but you don't hear much about it do you?"
* note to self, only loud countries are allowed in Europe now!

Then a few minutes later she asked if the Czech Republic was in Europe.
I said "yes".
She said "I know it used to be, but Europe keeps growing doesn't it?"
That conjured up a magical vision of a Europe expanding from the centre, new countries being born in the middle and pushing all the old established countries out to the side.
So that in that la-la-girlie world countries get evicted from Europe when another joins.

She then asked if they added stars to the European flag when a new country came into Europe.

For fecks sake!!!!
:dunce:

What worries me most is that she's your boss! You must be a right DIMWIT :bigwave:

Either that or you're Jade Goodey's PA

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Girls eh?

My boss (female) heard a few of us talking about the silver medal in the high jump.

She askes me "is that the one with the pole?"
See, when she asked me that my first thought was the pole vault, that's a high jump with a pole isn't it?
But I quickly applied my "girlie sport" filter and realised that is what she probably meant, so I said "yeah".

this morning she asked me …..
"Is Denmark in Europe?"
I said "yes".
She says "I thought it was, but you don't hear much about it do you?"
* note to self, only loud countries are allowed in Europe now!

Then a few minutes later she asked if the Czech Republic was in Europe.
I said "yes".
She said "I know it used to be, but Europe keeps growing doesn't it?"
That conjured up a magical vision of a Europe expanding from the centre, new countries being born in the middle and pushing all the old established countries out to the side.
So that in that la-la-girlie world countries get evicted from Europe when another joins.

She then asked if they added stars to the European flag when a new country came into Europe.

For fecks sake!!!!
:dunce:

I've asked someone that question before, I don't think it's a particularly stupid question.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've asked someone that question before, I don't think it's a particularly stupid question.

Was about to say, doing a degree in international relations, a load of people thought that was the case!

At a theme park a couple of weeks ago.

Some kind of live trivia game going on.

Woman was asked "which is nearer to Canada, the north pole or the south pole."

Guess her answer (clue: she was American).

Did the family arrive with skis on their car?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Why do women spend so long at cash points? Stood behind a woman for 4 minutes yesterday at the Tesco one by the library, the last 30 seconds of which she wasn't even using the cash point! She was just kind of standing there, then looked at me, said 'oh sorry' and moved on. Clearly the 8 person queue that had formed behind had gone unnoticed.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Why do women spend so long at cash points? Stood behind a woman for 4 minutes yesterday at the Tesco one by the library, the last 30 seconds of which she wasn't even using the cash point! She was just kind of standing there, then looked at me, said 'oh sorry' and moved on. Clearly the 8 person queue that had formed behind had gone unnoticed.

Is that a woman thing? I don't do that. Men must do that as well.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Is that a woman thing? I don't do that. Men must do that as well.

Seems to be mainly women in my experience. It's usually the middle aged ones who stand there and count their money like they are gonna be able to remonstrate with the cashpoint if it has short changed them.

Oct 25, 2003

too right

my girlfriend takes f***ing AGES at cashpoints

oh, and generally taking ages to pay for stuff in shops, getting their money out at the last minute, like they didn't realise they had to pay

i get my money sorted BEFORE i have to pay......get in, get stuff, pay, f*** off.......THATS the way to shop

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Seems to be mainly women in my experience. It's usually the middle aged ones who stand there and count their money like they are gonna be able to remonstrate with the cashpoint if it has short changed them.

Yeah perhaps, my mum is terrible with things like this.

Personally, I get embaressed with holding up the que.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
Personally, I get embaressed with holding up the que.

manuel_que.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What worries me most is that she's your boss! You must be a right DIMWIT :bigwave:

Either that or you're Jade Goodey's PA

Perhaps he works in McDonalds, the staff in there tend to be a lot more intelligent than the managers who can't get a better job.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
A good few years ago I was driving along in the countryside with my mate and his girlfriend.....as we drove past a sign that said 'concealed entrance', she piped up saying 'if the entrance is supposed to be hidden, why are they putting up a sign......'

my other favourite of hers is 'sometimes, even when I am hot, I still feel a little bit cold....'

mental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here