Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woman arrested for microwaving her baby

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A US woman has been arrested on suspicion of murdering her newborn baby by burning her in a microwave oven. China Arnold's daughter had high-heat internal burns, but no outside marks, Ken Betz from the county coroner's office in Montgomery, Ohio, said. "We have some forensic evidence that is consistent with our belief that a microwave oven was used," Mr Betz said of baby Paris Talley's death.

The mother denies the charge, which comes over a year after the girl died. Paris Talley, who was one-month-old, was already dead when Ms Arnold took her to hospital in August 2005. The mother was briefly arrested at the time and later released while the authorities continued investigating.

The investigation proved tricky because "there is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings," according to Mr Betz. Ms Arnold's lawyer, Jon Paul Rion, has denied that his client microwaved the baby. "China - as a mother and a person - was horrified that such an act could occur," Mr Rion told the Associated Press.

Ms Arnold claims that the night before the baby was taken to hospital she had been left for a short time with a babysitter. Ms Arnold says that neither she nor the baby's father suspected that there was anything wrong with the child until she was found unconscious the following morning.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tragic but I have to say, entirely believable.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seems that there is equally disturbing behaviour here too.

The body of a baby has been found on the M25 in Hertfordshire.

Metropolitan Police were called to an area near Potters Bar on Tuesday by a lorry driver who stopped on the hard shoulder when his vehicle broke down.

Officers said they found the remains of a baby which had been left naked at the side of the eastbound carriageway of the motorway.

A post-mortem examination will take place on the body later, in an effort to establish the cause of death.

A police spokesman said they were treating the discovery as suspicious.

Officers were also due to examine CCTV footage of the area where the baby was discovered and contact hospitals in the hope of tracing its mother.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
El Presidente said:
It seems that there is equally disturbing behaviour here too.

The body of a baby has been found on the M25 in Hertfordshire.

Metropolitan Police were called to an area near Potters Bar on Tuesday by a lorry driver who stopped on the hard shoulder when his vehicle broke down.

Officers said they found the remains of a baby which had been left naked at the side of the eastbound carriageway of the motorway.

A post-mortem examination will take place on the body later, in an effort to establish the cause of death.

A police spokesman said they were treating the discovery as suspicious.

Officers were also due to examine CCTV footage of the area where the baby was discovered and contact hospitals in the hope of tracing its mother.

Why oh why in situations like this do the police always say they are treating the discovery as suspicious. It's blatently obvious that the baby didn't get there of it's own accord. Surely there must be some other way of making a statement about the discovery. Poor little mite.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A little while ago we had a posting about a man killing a cat which ran to several pages.

I reminded people who were ranting on about the severity of the crime that it was 'only' a cat and not a child, and people should get a better perspective. I was given a hard time for this.

The obscene act described here, gets just 6 responses before dropping out of sight.

I think that proves my point:salute: :salute: :salute:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle C said:
A little while ago we had a posting about a man killing a cat which ran to several pages.

I reminded people who were ranting on about the severity of the crime that it was 'only' a cat and not a child, and people should get a better perspective. I was given a hard time for this.

The obscene act described here, gets just 6 responses before dropping out of sight.

Are yes but it was a BRITISH cat and not some foriegn, soap dodging, wife beating, malingering, scrounging, moggy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle C said:

Very true. I'd say that the people that sob the loudest about poor animals being mistreated don't give a shit about people escaping wars who want to come and work in other countries.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps it's because the cat thing provoked debate. However their is no debate here, its just f***ing horrific.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Uncle C said:

It took me til you bumped this thread to get the guts to read it. I think you'll find that some people (me for one) were so sickened by the title I didn't even open it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
Perhaps it's because the cat thing provoked debate. However their is no debate here, its just f***ing horrific.

That's exactly right, there's nothing to debate as it's an appalling crime pure and simple, well said Les.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:

Perhaps it's because this was posted at 1am, where as the cat thing was posted in the middle of the day, when everyone is on NSC at work.

I blame society, by the way.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shegull said:
Why oh why in situations like this do the police always say they are treating the discovery as suspicious. It's blatently obvious that the baby didn't get there of it's own accord. Surely there must be some other way of making a statement about the discovery. Poor little mite.

How else would you like them to put it?

If they state "Some murdering SCUMBAG has just dumped a baby by the side of the road, for fook's sake, what a total ARSEHOLE! When we find them, we're going to rip them apart"

I have a sneaky feeling that may not assist in tracing the mother (who is quite possibly suffering from some kind of severe psychological disorder)...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here