Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves v Posh on boxing day

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Went along to watch this - bit of fresh air, break from the family, etc.

Not been to a match as a neutral for many a year - Posh were not more than 200 and didn't make very much noise amongst the 23k

Wolves were utter tripe, clueless, leaderless, weak - some basic marking in their back four totally absent, seemed like only 2 players ever made a forward pass.

Jermaine Pennant was the only player in gold who looked interested, but when things went against him, a hand gesture to the fans in one stand was replied to with a load chorus of "You're not fit to wear the shirt".

Put some money of their first transfer activity being a new manager .....

£30 - never worth that ....

Anyone else take in a a game as a neutral and were disappointed?

Dec 29, 2011
Surely Posh fans sung at 3-0 up? I thought their noise wasn't too bad at the Amex considering they bought like 200 people.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My first ever game was Pompey 0 - 2 Leicester in November '03 (a premier league fixture back then!). I'm surprised even now that the game wasn't postponed! There was so much water on the pitch that if you played the ball out to the wings it would just stop in a puddle and keep spinning. Watching two players slide tackle into a huge puddle at once was quite amusing for 9-year-old SeagullSongs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Years ago I was up on a course in London and went to see QPR play Cardiff City. Went in the part of the ground that I thought was perhaps the most neutral and within the space of around 10 minutes, the people around us were so bored we started chatting and it turned out of the 30 or so people close by, there was not one home or away fan...there were Arsenal. Tottenham, Chelsea, west Ham , Fulham fans as well as randomly some bloke from Burton Albion, who it turned out was their Manager ( This was back in the 70's) and he was looking at a full back of cardiff's. It was truly dire and you could hear the home fans chatting between themselves.

I also remember seeing Hudds at Fulham on a new years day years ago when it was so cold, there was a group of town fans just in T shirts who were huddled under a blanket on the terrace trying to keep warm. the wind was howling off the Thames and it was sleeting. That finished 0-0 and it was god awful!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
friends of mine in the nest of Wolves fans where we live are saying it is time for a new manager. They are playing awful aimless football with very good players who just dont seem to know what they are supposed to be doing. Bad times for them

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I went to Sunderland v Man City and had a bloody good time. Man City looked very, very disjointed but Sunderland, by comparison, looked like a proper team and could have won by a couple more goals.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Daggers v Charlton 2011 ... 2-1 Daggers I think. Game was ok but the Charlton supporters at the end of the game, seriously scary, thought they were going to lynch each and every member of the Charlton team and staff.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
back in '68, I went with a scout group to see Chelsea v Leicester at the Bridge. Chelsea had greats like Osgood, Tambling, Cooke etc but banks was missing from the Leicester team that day.

Chelsea won 4-1 and there must have been about 40,000 but my thoughts wre e;sewhere as Albion beat Mansfield in a mun of the mill div 3 game.

I expect it's harder to be a nutral now as games are so expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here