Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves (H) official attendance as ratified by Football League.. below 30,003!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When Mount Everest was first surveyed it came out as exactly 29,000 feet, but the surveyors didn't think people would believe that it was exactly 29,000 feet so they added two feet to its elevation, making it 29,002 feet.
So now official height is WRONG? ???

Why didn't they just release the height using METRES?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
30,000 + crowds at the Goldstone will never be beaten anyway, The Amex is at max now. if Man u and Arsenal etc come down when we we are in The Prem we would realise The Amex just isn't big enough. No trouble in pulling in 40k to The Amex.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hmmm. There's often a bit of the old Kim Jong-Un about the attendance figures announced at the Amex. I remember thinking at the time that the 30,003 did seem a mite contrived. If they'd have said 30,000 exactly then nobody would've believed it, so they just add a handful to the figure so everyone can go away saying we're getting crowds of 30k+.....when we're not (quite).

Honestly Mister B, I can live with a figure of 29k+. I want the truth - I can handle the truth.

If you wanted the truth, I don't think that the second digit would be a nine.

The club has to give the actual figures to B&HCC - it should be possible to extricate the stats from City Hall via a Freedom of Information request.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here