Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves / C Palace vs Aston Villa

You're all bemoaning the fact it could have been us -

But you can't say that can you - events might not have been the same if we'd drawn or won...it's like saying we could have six goals that half...........what you really mean is that we had the opportunity to score *once* six times.....there is nothing that says the score would have been 6-0 ....

It just doesn't work like you're all thinking.......

That's right. It's like, if we were in the draw instead, in the time it woulda taken Jim Rosenthal to say OUR name instead, it would have changed the outcome of things. Or summink.

Ain't it called the butterfly effect?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You're all bemoaning the fact it could have been us -

But you can't say that can you - events might not have been the same if we'd drawn or won...it's like saying we could have six goals that half...........what you really mean is that we had the opportunity to score *once* six times.....there is nothing that says the score would have been 6-0 ....

It just doesn't work like you're all thinking.......

:wozza:

You sound like a fun sorta guy, were you sitting down yesterday by any chance?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Hurstpierpoint,

Sorry to be so boring - just trying to inject a level of common-sense into
you boneheads.

btw - I wasn't there yesterday...but I would have been standing as long as
I wasn't obstructing someone's view...

villan

Jan 23, 2010
what paddy said^^

our fans thought the same when we got sunderland away in the league cup (who beat blues previously) but blues would have been a completely different number altogether.

same situation here.

----------

win win for us. both would be good away days, though having already been to the molineux this season i'd prefer palace away. we'd have the whole of the arthur wait stand, i take it?

should be able to beat palace. and then we're another step closer to two (or even three) wembley appearances.

tell me ma, me ma, to put the champagne on ice, we're going to wembley thrice... ;)

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
But although different number, our ball would have been in place of Villa's :wink:

But probably still wouldn't have happened that way, and we'd probably have got someone rubbish

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hurstpierpoint,

Sorry to be so boring - just trying to inject a level of common-sense into
you boneheads.

btw - I wasn't there yesterday...but I would have been standing as long as
I wasn't obstructing someone's view...

don't you mean Hustpierpoint?!

f***ing hell villan, Thornton Heath a good away day, where the feckless do you live?

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Not a bad cup draw - 2 local derbies

Wolves v Villa
Saints v Pompey

villan

Jan 23, 2010
don't you mean Hustpierpoint?!

f***ing hell villan, Thornton Heath a good away day, where the feckless do you live?

haha, i find traditional (some might read 'shit') grounds like turf moor, goodison park and fratton park great. so i can imagine selhurst park being the same. sorry!

and to answer your question, shrewsbury. so practically wales. :lolol:

villan

Jan 23, 2010
I wouldn't say that out loud in Wyle Kop.That's fightin' talk in Shrewsbury!

they're deluded. they should just accept the fact they're welsh!

i have. it's great banter between me and the rest of my family; all of whom were born in birmingham leaving me as the only salopian!!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Hate to spoil your love in, but defo not my second team, or 3rd. 4th, 5th...........

Have to agree, one team is enough for me. One team = one series of disappointments, why would you want to endure more with other teams? Never understood the concept of having a "second team", I thought that was Albion reserves.

Thanks Villa for a good game/friendly stadium, but I couldn't give a toss about your team or your results, nothing personal.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Have to agree, one team is enough for me. One team = one series of disappointments, why would you want to endure more with other teams? Never understood the concept of having a "second team", I thought that was Albion reserves.

Thanks Villa for a good game/friendly stadium, but I couldn't give a toss about your team or your results, nothing personal.

I agree, but would still rather they won the Prem than any of the big 4

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010
If we had won or draw, surely we would have been given a different number to Villa. So we wouldn't have drawn palace.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Not a bad cup draw - 2 local derbies

Wolves v Villa
Saints v Pompey

Oh dear - reality check required.

Albion never headed Villa, they just got back to being level once.

Palace were twice ahead of Wolves on their own ground. Now back at Selhurst, with Wolves also worried about their league position, injuries etc. the odds will favour Palace to take on Villa.

I do wonder whether some Albion fans might be rather worried at that prospect - if YOU can score twice on their own ground then Palace might have a chance to go further....with no ManUre, Liverpool or Arse in the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here