Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why recall Karbownik if you're not going to play him when all our wingbacks are injured? Surely he could have had another half season playing in Poland? Baffling.

To be able to assess and coach him and have him adapt to England?

Obviously not considered good enough at the moment, which means he wont play.

Not very baffling.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Could be a 4-4-2:

Sanchez - White, Dunk, Webster, Burn - Ali J, Bissouma, Gross, Trossard - Welbeck, Maupay

BDB definitely had issues against Traore last time around, but last year he was very good in both of the Wolves games, if I remember it right.

He was excellent in both games against them last year. Just had the mare against Traore this season. Must say although I am pleased Traore is on the bench, he really hasn’t had a very good season overall.

I agree, looks like a 4-4-2 though could also be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 with AJ and Welbeck wide of Maupay and Trossard just ahead of Biss and Gross. Also possibly a 4-2-2-2 like we played a bit last season?

I love trying to work these out! [emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be able to assess and coach him and have him adapt to England?

Obviously not considered good enough at the moment, which means he wont play.

Not very baffling.

He's a full Polish international FFS. But Wookie reckons ill or injured so not very baffling for that reason,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He was excellent in both games against them last year. Just had the mare against Traore this season. Must say although I am pleased Traore is on the bench, he really hasn’t had a very good season overall.

I agree, looks like a 4-4-2 though could also be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 with AJ and Welbeck wide of Maupay and Trossard just ahead of Biss and Gross. Also possibly a 4-2-2-2 like we played a bit last season?

I suspect we might transition between the two. Ali J as a wingback is a bit scary because he's really not good at tracking back and didn't like his more defensive role under Hughton. But given the side Wolves have selected he could certainly do a job there and would also fit in nicely ahead of White in a 4.

Big game for the lad. Hopefully he steps up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yup, a lot of possibilities. Could also be Gross playing RWB or Ben White playing next to Bissouma or indeed Ali J taking Veltmans place...

Or a bit of everything, we've seen quite a few games where the players play in multiple positions at the same time, depending on attack/defense and where the ball is etc.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] which time zone are you operating in to always start your match days threads so early?

Great work by the way.

Who would have thought there were any benefits to benign prostate enlargement? Honestly, I'm up and down like a bride's nightie!

Half a gallon of cider doesn't help.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Hoping for a free kick outside the box and Dunky taking a quick one.
Moss will have a panic attack, blow the whistle, allow the goal, swallow the whistle disallow the goal, hope VAR bails out his incompetence as he looks forward to refereeing league one next season

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Brighton might have protected Bissouma for the last few games if he's off for big money in the summer.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
BDB's b'day.
Going big on big goals from Burn.

29th_anniversary_gift_for_husband_and_wife_t_shirt-r9f66179d64c941b88c8112dffccdd8c4_k2gm8_307.jpg

Happy Birthday BDB

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's not rated that much by my Polish friends here in Warsaw and has only played one full game for Poland.

"Full Polish international FFS" also means very little.. Most "Polish full internationals FFS" are not good enough to play in the Premier League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suspect we might transition between the two. Ali J as a wingback is a bit scary because he's really not good at tracking back and didn't like his more defensive role under Hughton. But given the side Wolves have selected he could certainly do a job there and would also fit in nicely ahead of White in a 4.

Big game for the lad. Hopefully he steps up.

All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here