Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hasn’t that guy got 1 goal all season? Forget xG, Dunk should know who he’s marking. If it was Jiminez, yeah tug his shirt because he’s likely to score. A teenager who hasn’t looked like buying a goal, definitely don’t tug it.

Really?

If the player is renowned for missing 1 on 1s, maybe, just maybe you have a point, but just because he doesn't score loads doesn't mean Dunk should give him a free pass to improve his stats.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The issue is, as much as that was a very poor decision by Dunk, he was forced into making a choice because we came out of the sheds half asleep. Too many times this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. But if we had 11v11 the rest of the game, I’d be very confident of a point if not all 3.

Dunk has to take the blame today.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
From BBC live text

Brian Stokes: Has a team ever stumbled to Premier League survival quite like Brighton? They're clearly going to stay up, but seem to do everything in their power to completely screw it up.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
He’s our top scorer, and over the last 2 seasons is so by far. So if someone better is waiting in the wings it’s a bit late to start showing it now…

What’s he got 7? If I took pens I could have 6 this season potter picks him week in week out not good enough never will b shite attitude get shot

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What’s he got 7? If I took pens I could have 6 this season potter picks him week in week out not good enough never will b shite attitude get shot

My point is he was our top scorer last season and is so this season. If we are better off without him then whoever this better goal scorer is clearly hasn’t been doing it so far ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cheer up guys - next season we have Gyokeres back after ripping the Championship a new one and Tau and Zeqiri. No need for new forwards then!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
But the weak minded bottlers have been put in that situation by a rookie mistake from our captain…. What Dunk did was not leadership and I’d bet he won’t do that again in his career

But it's not the first time he's done it. Just not the most intelligent player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maupay getting a red is worse than Dunk getting one.

Of course, as seen in the comments here.

Dunk pretty much single handedly ****ing the team over today with his unnecessary red card = oh well, its cool...

Maupay getting a silly red card after the game is already lost = he is a "humongous ****" etc

The usual bullying from the usual set of useless people.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The difference in quality of football in this Scottish cup game is hilarious. The ball is hardly touching the ground. Shocking level.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Of course, as seen in the comments here.

Dunk pretty much single handedly ****ing the team over today with his unnecessary red card = oh well, its cool...

Maupay getting a silly red card after the game is already lost = he is a "humongous ****" etc

The usual bullying from the usual set of useless people.

The point is getting a red card once the game is lost is the worst thing about it!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well that was all pretty vexing.

I was taking part in a 10k run this morning. Got in the car after the race just as we kicked off. Got to listen to the lovely first half. Got home and had all the “joy” of watching the second.

Hey! Perhaps it’s my fault. I am a Jonah.

My wife, who remains utterly uninterested in football, headed off upstairs once we got home. At the end of the match, I asked her, using all her experience of living with a Brighton supporter for 27 years, how she thought the match had ended. She thought for a couple of seconds before replying “you lost to a goal in the last 30 seconds, didn’t you?”

Close enough. :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here