Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking v Brighton

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought we were superb in possession of the ball first half with Forster making some good runs and jake making himself available all the time but i also felt there were too many sideways balls used almost like the prematch warm up of keep ball.
Second half for the first 15mins they came at us and we done just enough to contain them and then the middle 15mins it looked stalemate with the last 15mins we stepped it up a gear but still lacked ideas to break them down.

Positives:
1)We again saw how we really do need more creativity in midfield.
2)We looked fit.
3)Forster looked sharp for an old chap.
4)Butters looked as fit as i have ever seen him.
5)Hammond was excellent at slapping the opposition while tackling them!!
6)Elphick took the goal well.

Negatives:

1)Clumsy tackle for penalty.
2)Although i am a big Wilkins fan i am concerned we are just not direct often enough it's great that we can play some short sharp passing game but you need to be the best at it to get anywhere.

Time will tell when we are playing proper games.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Negatives:

1)Clumsy tackle for penalty.
2)Although i am a big Wilkins fan i am concerned we are just not direct often enough it's great that we can play some short sharp passing game but you need to be the best at it to get anywhere.

Time will tell when we are playing proper games.[/QUOTE]

Same at Hastings on Tuesday with the Yoof. Did not want to shoot and a clumsy penalty given and a clumsy tackle that looked like a penalty not given. only friendlies though, iron it out by Crewe?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Pre-season results dont mean a great deal. I remember the 1988-89 seson when we went to Portugal and made the final of a tournament, then beat West Ham at home and then failed to win a league game until we beat Leeds at home in October!

The matches are more about building staminer and fitness than winning.

Anyway all the doom and gloom merchants need to cheer up and look outside - its a sunny day (but I expect you will be looking for rain clouds as it might rain later!)

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Well I took Dominic for his first Albion game so the only way is up! Isn't it!!

He spent most of the game wanting to sit in different seats and danced in the club bar before the game. So not sure he was really into it, though he didn't want to leave until the final whistle had gone!

Poor game, but it was only a pre season friendly and if memory serves me right we once played Forest in a pre season and whalloped them at the Goldstone, then promptly got relegated that season!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Pre-season results dont mean a great deal. I remember the 1988-89 seson when we went to Portugal and made the final of a tournament, then beat West Ham at home and then failed to win a league game until we beat Leeds at home in October!

The matches are more about building staminer and fitness than winning.

Anyway all the doom and gloom merchants need to cheer up and look outside - its a sunny day (but I expect you will be looking for rain clouds as it might rain later!)

Well done blobby i feel so much better now.

Going up....................

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are we ignoring the clumsy penalty given away against Reading too?

It something we realy need to be looking at closely.

For my six penny worth that was absolutely woeful. First half was ok including a great shot from Jake well saved and a couple of other bits but hardly dominating.

The second half was dire from a Brighton team who came up against a hard working, pressing side for which we lacked ideas. Herald the younger and I started counting passes in the second half and seldom got above 2 or 3 in succession before we gave the ball away.

Our passing all over the pitch was shocking from a team that is pretty close to a starting 11. When we got into the final third everyone just didn't seem to have a clue until later on when there was some better movement but still lacking penetration with the very occasional exception.

It's the final third bit that is really starting to concern me as I seriously hope we do not get a repitition of last season. Their No. 7 was more creative at times than our midfield and Deano has got to start seriosuly sorting out how we are going to create chances, never mind actually scoring goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here