Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking Replay

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
"Woking" will always look to me, on first glance, as an obscure bit of Brit slang.

"We drew? Shit. That means another Woking replay on Woking Wednesday night! These Woking cup ties are Woking up the fixtures."

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The away end....

woking33.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Wikipedia they give one side to away fans if segregation is needed and the ground holds over 6,000 so on the basis of 15% we will get 900 minimum.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
The away end....

woking33.jpg

A word of advice.....the burger bar is in the left hand corner of the terrace in the picture. It could never cater for 300/400 conference away fans who generally spent half the game queuing. Eat before the game or be very patient!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm going. I'm happy enough to make a tinfoil cup & i have a shed load of balloons

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The away end....

woking33.jpg

Behind the opposite goal to the main stand is a covered terrace, surely for a game like this we'd be given this? They have over 2500 seats which should be enough for most of the home fans?

Plus would that terrace alongside the pitch hold 900?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last time, okay 17 years ago, we had the terrace with the roof over it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will it be pay on the gate for home fans ? ???

CardinalTwfc

Nov 6, 2010
Behind the opposite goal to the main stand is a covered terrace, surely for a game like this we'd be given this? They have over 2500 seats which should be enough for most of the home fans?

Plus would that terrace alongside the pitch hold 900?

Hello, first of all it is highly likely you will have the open terrace you see above (called the CLT and is to the side not the end of the ground). I think the capacity is around 1200 (could be more or less with elf n safety), 99% you will not have the covered terrace down one end, it is for the more boistrous vocal supporters and is where most of the atmosphere comes from. The LGS is down the other end, it is almost always just Woking fans, can't see this being different as ticket sales should be good for us and its where most of the fans are housed. The other length side of the ground is a small mainstand and disabled section, and the terraced 'moaners corner' again there is almost next to zero chance of this being given to away fans. Just hope it doesnt rain :).

As to ticket sales, WFC official site says: "Ticket sales for the FA Cup replay against Brighton will be announced on Monday morning."

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hello, first of all it is highly likely you will have the open terrace you see above (called the CLT and is to the side not the end of the ground). I think the capacity is around 1200 (could be more or less with elf n safety), 99% you will not have the covered terrace down one end, it is for the more boistrous vocal supporters and is where most of the atmosphere comes from. The LGS is down the other end, it is almost always just Woking fans, can't see this being different as ticket sales should be good for us and its where most of the fans are housed. The other length side of the ground is a small mainstand and disabled section, and the terraced 'moaners corner' again there is almost next to zero chance of this being given to away fans. Just hope it doesnt rain :).

As to ticket sales, WFC official site says: "Ticket sales for the FA Cup replay against Brighton will be announced on Monday morning."

Honestly! We push the boat out for 'em at our lovely stadium by moving their supporters into a couple of luxurious stands - & this is what we get in return.

How VERY dare they. :tantrum:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
anyone ideas of when tickets will go on sale, how many we are likely to get and how much they will be?

are we going to take balloons? ive got an inflatable fa cup somewhere that could make the journey. can anyone make a tin foil and cardboard effort? what about toilet rolls?

:jester:

You'll f***ing need them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here