Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wojciech Szczesny

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How about Oguzhan Ozyakup... also Arsenal...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Source? This isn't another tedious link to our supposed Arsenal 'connections' is it???? :yawn:

Not sure what you mean by 'supposed' connections with Arsenal.

We do have a concrete connection with Arsenal, his name is Liam Brady. He has helped us out with loans before and will I'm sure do so again in the future.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Not sure what you mean by 'supposed' connections with Arsenal.

We do have a concrete connection with Arsenal, his name is Liam Brady. He has helped us out with loans before and will I'm sure do so again in the future.

OK, but we're hardly the feeder club that many of us are making out though.

And my point was rather - we need a keeper and as if by magic, we are linked to another Arsenal youth. . . let's face it, we are either going to have half the Arsenal youth team playing for us next season or people are posting story's with no truth.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Some Polish goalkeepers went on to do ok for themselves...
popejp11.jpg

I thought it was Jesus who did the saving on that team?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd be very surprised and a bit disapointed if we signed this guy; I can't see him providing immediate competition to Kuipers, which is what we need and what I was expecting when Sullivan was let go.

Why not...because he is 18 ?

Kuipers will be no 2 next season im sure of it. Whoever Slade brings in will be the new No1.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Kuipers will be no 2 next season im sure of it. Whoever Slade brings in will be the new No1.

Yes, because he is 18. We let go of a reasonably promising young keeper in Sullivan who had no trouble getting a club in league 1, so why on earth would we want another one! Some child is not going to challenge Kuipers, what we need to do that is a proper experienced keeper and that is what I hoped for when Sully was released and I will be pissed off if this is the best we can do!.

Pretty much. Unless he is Gordon Banks reincarnated he's not going to be ready for a full season of League 1 football.

If he turns up, and plays like a legend all season and conceeds only 3 goals as we go up as champions, I reserve the right to retract the above statement. :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is a pity that his first name isn't Walter...being as we play in an athletics stadium!

Arsenal's Reserve Goalkeeper 18 year old Pole is being linked with a Loan move to us.

Saw him play against Worthing when Arsenals youth played us last pre-season, did decent enough with what he had to deal with except for getting nutmegged when his defender didn't clear a header from a set piece!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here