Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wogan

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wogan was actually very funny.

Woss isnt despite what the chavs think.

So who, out of interest, is your current favourite Stand Up comedian then. It might give the rest of us an idea as to the type of humour you find funny.

i've come to the conclusion that if you dont like Ross, you've got too old. he is a bit of tit, but he is also quite funny. remember, not a single complaint was made when the original Sachs phone stunt was broadcast, which tells somthing about its original audience, before the Daily Mail heard a repeat and got all indignant.

Couldn't agree more. I find Ross funny and think he does take the piss out of himself but maybe that goes over people heads (see Extras). There do seem to be an awful lot of people who don't find him funny yet still watch his shows which seems odd. His radio show is far more easy going but then it would be at the time it was broadcast.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not a chav.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
i've come to the conclusion that if you dont like Ross, you've got too old. he is a bit of tit, but he is also quite funny. remember, not a single complaint was made when the original Sachs phone stunt was broadcast, which tells somthing about its original audience, before the Daily Mail heard a repeat and got all indignant.

I'm Ross' age and he is severely not funny to me. I agree that there is an age element with humour. How old do you have to be to find Ross funny?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Have got to agree, but then his core audience was 60+ double my age. I generally liked the Ross show, but it was hit and miss. Listened to it on the podcast and on occasions laughed out loud but also hit skip more than once.

According to Evans (who should know) the average age of Wogan's listeners was 53 and for Evans 51. Not much difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here