Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wogan

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Can anyone explain why the pompous, verbose, inane, grossly overpaid Irish toff got less stick than the grossly overpaid professional cockney, Woss?

Perhaps because he didn't leave lewd messages for Andrew Sachs?

Mind you, imagine if he had done. "Hello there me beauty, it's old Tel here, a find day to you. Just wanting to say I've had your grand-daughter. Now here's the Isley Brothers."

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its about respect, something Ross ...sorry Woss needs to learn!

:angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I never listened to Terry's radio show because the mixture of his dulcit tones and laid back music made me want to go to sleep, never a good thing in the morning...at least he didn't resort to the puerile lows that Ross did in the name of entertainment...the two don't bear comparison!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually used to like the Wogan show and also when he did the Eurovision Song Contest as he really just took the piss out of the whole event.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not an expert but i think Wogan was happy to take the p out of himself whereas Woss only wanted to take it out of everyone else.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I might start making the Chris Evans show my preferred early morning/drive to work show...always thought that he was a bit of a prat in the past, but in recent interviews he comes across really well and appears to have grown up at last, certainly less full of himself than the opposition...Chris Moyles!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I might start making the Chris Evans show my preferred early morning/drive to work show...always thought that he was a bit of a prat in the past, but in recent interviews he comes across really well and appears to have grown up at last, certainly less full of himself than the opposition...Chris Moyles!

I used to think the same, but the current Chris Evans is a world away from the old one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Evans has most def grown up and matured and I'm sure he will make a great replacement for Sir Terence of Wilton...... Woss is an arse, end of

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010
You cannot compare Sir Terry and Jonathon Ross. One spends most of their time taking the piss out of others whilst the other is a well spokem, greatly respected man who has never been afraid to take the piss out of himself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've just ordered an MP3 adapter for my car stereo, so morning drives can be enjoyed without having to resort to Chris Evans. Previously I tollerated Wogan.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wogan was actually very funny.

Woss isnt despite what the chavs think.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Woss is ok, has his moments but is a prick tbh.

Wogan made eurovision for me and I cant watch it without his comments and you can tell how much sherrie he has had by the time the points come in!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i've come to the conclusion that if you dont like Ross, you've got too old. he is a bit of tit, but he is also quite funny. remember, not a single complaint was made when the original Sachs phone stunt was broadcast, which tells somthing about its original audience, before the Daily Mail heard a repeat and got all indignant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i've come to the conclusion that if you dont like Ross, you've got too old. he is a bit of tit, but he is also quite funny. remember, not a single complaint was made when the original Sachs phone stunt was broadcast, which tells somthing about its original audience, before the Daily Mail heard a repeat and got all indignant.

To be honest you can't really compare them as their respective styles are too different. Wogan is much easier on the ear than Woss and does light patter rather than trying humour. The problem is with Woss is that he has to try to dominate a show. His radio show is awful, some poor sod has to feed him lines so as he can start his " Off the Cuff" humour.
The whole show just becomes one of those awful situations that you sometimes find your self in when you are stuck with a loudmouth bore and you just nod and say "yes "all the time while hoping to escape .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be honest you can't really compare them as their respective styles are too different. Wogan is much easier on the ear than Woss and does light patter rather than trying humour.

true. i wasnt making any comparison, they are pitching to utterly different audiences. when i happend to hear Ross though i usually had a few laughs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here