Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Without wishing to pour cold water on this Savage thing....

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
I've heard that we are paying 15% of his wages, which comes out at just over 4k.

I'm delighted with the signing and I hope he performs. :thumbsup:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Maybe a deal has been done already to sell Lynch to Forest, i would be interested to know if this is a stop gap deal or a long term option

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats less than £4k. More like £3600.
And if that is the case, then I have NO qualms whatsoever.

Coo, I've not said QUALMS for ages.

Qualms.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Argus had his wages down as being £24k a week.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
So we get a £24k per week footballer for a fraction of the cost - job done! And whilst Savage distracts our opposing teams with his antics, the rest of the players get on and do the job. Excellent signing :bounce:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Not sure I should say this but just how good is Mr Savage now? He's 33, can't get close to a start at Derby who are not exactly setting the Championship alight. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There'll definitely be a few 3rd division no-marks looking to boot Savage up in the air and make a name for themselves, thats for sure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure I should say this but just how good is Mr Savage now? He's 33, can't get close to a start at Derby who are not exactly setting the Championship alight. :shrug:

He's easily good enough for the 3rd division even at 33, I'd have thought.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just think this kind of signing is so far out of our league its a bit scarey. If he turns out to be half fit and SHITE, its going to look like a very, very expensive mistake. Especially if come January we're seeing potential new signings turning us down because we couldn't agree personal terms.

Its an exciting prospect for now, but I just hope this doesn't come back to BITE us.

Even if we are paying £ 12k a week thats 48k for the month and as we spunked £ 55k on Dixon and Savage is likely to achieve more in 4 weeks than Dixon would in 10 years here I think its a great signing and sends out a real message.

BRIGHTON ARE BACK !.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
It is an exciting signing BUT getting players on the way down rather than the way up is normally a shit idea. The last player we acquired like this was Paul more injuries than A&E on a Saturday night Kitson.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
The £12k I saw came from on here so you're right, it is completely fictional.

:D

All we need now is for him to get sent off in his 1st game, with his suspension costing us, if that 12k is near the truth, the best part of twenty thousand pounds.
But sod it, the opposition are going to be looking over their shoulders for the next 7 games, and it'll be FUN to watch. I hope.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Most definitly, I don't think we can expect miracles. Interest wasn't exactly booming, but Micky knows him and I think Micky can get the best out of him.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
unless an individual (FBS, Bloom) or group of individuals are stumping up the money, say £25k for the month i doubt that we'll be paying much for him. We are probably paying Derby the same as we are getting from Grays for Dixon.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
It is an exciting signing BUT getting players on the way down rather than the way up is normally a shit idea. The last player we acquired like this was Paul more injuries than A&E on a Saturday night Kitson.

Nicky Forster and Guy Butters are two of the best signings this club has made in the last 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here