Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Without wishing to pour cold water on this Savage thing....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm happy with him signing, and really looking forward to seeing him in our midfield on Saturday. BUT - it must be costing us an absolute MINT towards his wages. I dunno if that £12k a week thats being bandied about is accurate or not (being as he's on £24k a week at Derby), but even half of that would be a HUGE amount for a club in our position to stump up for a loaner, and in a few weeks time, he'll be offski.

Would that money not be better channelled towards seeing if we could secure Anyinsah on a more long term deal here ?

Just asking, like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One good thing is that we have SEVEN games in the month he's here, so in terms of value for money, its a good time to have him.

*until he gets a straight red, with a 3 match ban...

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I got from the article we aren't paying that much...

And if that happened I think we can just send him back...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree - if that figure is anything close to the truth then I honestly thinks its money wasted, bearing in mind the likes of Forster was a £75k permanent signing. I'm not complaining about having some new faces in the side, but I really hope he's not costing us that much. Can we afford it ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm happy with him signing, and really looking forward to seeing him in our midfield on Saturday. BUT - it must be costing us an absolute MINT towards his wages. I dunno if that £12k a week thats being bandied about is accurate or not (being as he's on £24k a week at Derby), but even half of that would be a HUGE amount for a club in our position to stump up for a loaner, and in a few weeks time, he'll be offski.

Would that money not be better channelled towards seeing if we could secure Anyinsah on a more long term deal here ?

Just asking, like.

IF and it's a big IF, it is anything like that amount of money - I think it's great news! It shows we have access to cash and are willing to spend it. I agree about Anyinsah, but I'm sure so does MA... so either it's a no-no or there is cash for that too!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well I guess we just have to trust in DK's judgement!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
4k a week must be about top earnings at our club, and Derby cant really still be paying £20k a week towards Savages wages.

I think it is a good signing, maybe it is a gift from a board member like the £300k for Murray was.

If Savage is going to cost us in the long run for the sake of a month, then its not worth the move. I think Knight has some sense, as he suddenly appeared as its good news for the club and he was the first person to get a word in!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm sure Savage can add something to the squad

But if the £12k is true i do admit to being a little worried. Hopefully we aren't pushing ourselves to far.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I don't think Dick would have signed him if he couldn't afford to pay the agreed portion of his wages!
Robbie Savage will bring creativity and bite to our midfield, it is a fantastic signing.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
What's the average price of a ticket (including kids) - £15?

So if he sticks an extra 500 on the gate that will bring in an extra £7,500 a game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just think this kind of signing is so far out of our league its a bit scarey. If he turns out to be half fit and SHITE, its going to look like a very, very expensive mistake. Especially if come January we're seeing potential new signings turning us down because we couldn't agree personal terms.

Its an exciting prospect for now, but I just hope this doesn't come back to BITE us.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I just think this kind of signing is so far out of our league its a bit scarey. If he turns out to be half fit and SHITE, its going to look like a very, very expensive mistake. Especially if come January we're seeing potential new signings turning us down because we couldn't agree personal terms.

Its an exciting prospect for now, but I just hope this doesn't come back to BITE us.

the 12k rumour came from where exactly? not substantiated at all.

DK doesn't exactly strike as the type of man to sanction spending 'leeds' style does he? so I'm sure there is money available for it. By the sounds of it Paul Jewell just wants him out the club so may well be paying the bulk of it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's quite possible that our UNEXPECTED tie against Derby is financing this particular deal.

With half gate receipts of 7,000+ it might be being put towards this 'coup'?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fraser is just starting to get a run in the first team startinq sqaud. Now come on Tommy show us you are far better keep him out of the squad.

I thing the quality was just starting to shine for us and I feel this will be a disruptive singing.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
How much did we get for beating City? 35 k isn't it? Could be wher ethe money is coming from.

And regarding the ponit about 'if it costs us in january'. Thing is, the club has a wage structure and if we sign someone outside of that (actually sign not loan) then (as DK said) other players will be knocking on his door for a rise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
the 12k rumour came from where exactly? not substantiated at all.

DK doesn't exactly strike as the type of man to sanction spending 'leeds' style does he? so I'm sure there is money available for it. By the sounds of it Paul Jewell just wants him out the club so may well be paying the bulk of it.

The £12k I saw came from on here so you're right, it is completely fictional. I'm sure we're not agreeing to any sums we can't afford right now, but that £24k a week he's on does just frighten me a bit. I hope Derby are paying the vast, VAST bulk of that, with a view to getting him some match fitness, and in the shop window ready for a transfer somewhere in January. In which case, no problemo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here