Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Without knowing nothing about the game....8 mins injury time seems a bit....

1066gull

Excessive?????

If this was Old Trafford, everyone would moan at their being 5!!!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
If I'm honest, I didn't think it was enough. The second half was disturbed for ages with two injuries, there were two goals and a fair few subs. 10 minutes (in relation to the 7 on the board) wouldn't have been out of place.

Not that I'm complaining, as soon as we scored the 2nd I wanted the game to end.

1066gull

Difference is that today at The Amex there were about 8 minutes of stoppages hence the 8 minutes of added time.

At OT it just depends on if Manure need to score or not.

Ok, fair point. Unbelievable if there was that much stoppages. Not very often that happens??? Was the play very broken then???

cant wait to see highlights

D

Deleted member 18477

it was fully justified. the first donny injury took 5 mins and then the billy sharp injury took probably 5 or 6 mins. then with donny's 3 subs and our subs + the 2 goal celebrations... 12 or 13 mins would have been about right. but like already stated as soon as our 2nd went in i wanted that final whistle blown!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
6 minutes was announced at 90 mins.
As play restarted after the second injury stoppage (a good 5 minutes), added time went up to 7 mins.

Wasn't excessive IMO.
Injury + goals + subs

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When the board first went up it said 6 mins which I felt was not enough then they had a player stretchered off & the board went up again saying 7 mins.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Sir Fergie time today, quality

DanielT

two long stretch-involved injuries. had to be 4 minutes each easily. 30 secs for our first goal, how many subs? 5. at 30 seconds each 2.50,

the 4th official called 6 minutes just as their their second stretcher-need injury happened, only added 1 to make 7 minutes after the second stretchering off - should have been 11

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
As already stated, should have been more. I thought 10 mins would have been about right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adrie - Why the HELL were you not there?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I work 7 days a week mate

FFS Adrie it was the first game at Falmer! It's called a days holiday or a sickie pal! You better be going Tues!?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first 6 mins came up when the clock showed 89 mins played they then attended to the injury of the Donny player and this was changed to 7 minutes but that didnt start untll after the player was stretchered off and the another 1 minute was played making 8 minutes in total.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Ok, fair point. Unbelievable if there was that much stoppages. Not very often that happens??? Was the play very broken then???

cant wait to see highlights

Sorry to be pedantic, - but by definition, the highlights won't show the stoppages and breaks! (of which there were a few!)

BBC Text Commentary ...
89:03 Corner taken by John Oster, Shot from deep inside the area by Richard Naylor clears the bar.
90:00+4:30 Centre by Inigo Calderon, save by Gary Woods.
90:00+5:10 Inswinging corner taken by Craig Noone from the right by-line.
90:00+5:37 Lewis Dunk is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Gary Woods restarts play with the free kick.
90:00+6:18 George Friend concedes a free kick for a foul on Craig Mackail-Smith. Free kick taken by Will Buckley.
90:00+7:04 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Will Buckley by John Oster. Casper Ankergren takes the indirect free kick.
90:00+7:41 GOAL - Will Buckley Brighton 2 - 1 Doncaster
Goal scored by Will Buckley from inside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Brighton 2-1 Doncaster.
Craig Noone provided the assist for the goal.
90:00+8:56 Gordon Greer gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Giles Barnes. John Oster takes the indirect free kick.
90:00+10:21 Ashley Barnes takes a shot. Richard Naylor gets a block in.
90:00+10:34 Corner taken short by Craig Noone.
90:00+11:11 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
Full Time

The second stretchering off came between 89:03 and 90:00+4:30

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here