Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw El Abd offer with immediate affect.

El Abd contract offer

• Withdraw with immediate affect and tell him to shove off

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Give him until the end of the week and then withdraw it

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Wait for another month and then decide

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Its obviously not good enough, increase the offer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
El Abd is not even that good. He appears to have lost the plot probably egged on by his agent. He is under the delusion he is better than he actually is, a disease rampant in the Albion ranks as fellow Albion players such as Savage, Hammond, Knight, Bertin , Cox, Harding have fallen ill with this disease. The
" overratedegoitis" needs to be treated and the cure is Micky Adams.

If I were Adams I would withdraw El Abd's contract offer with immediate affect and terminate his contract. He is worse now than Bertin. He obviously does not want to be a Brighton player anymore so frankly I do not want him here.

What would you do ?.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
A decision deadline should've been set in the first place, then it wouldn't be a real issue.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Withdraw with immediate affect and tell him to shove off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just sign someone better (won't be hard) then say ta-taaa.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not even that good? He was one of our better performers last season and added an edge of steel that we badly missed when his season finished. Not only can he play in numerous positions, he is fairly good at them all. Was he too popular with Wilkins for your liking?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He is a player that has always played with his heart on his sleeve and for that he is a player I would like to keep. Plus I think that although he may not be the best player on our books, he certainly is versatile and is a useful back up at worst.

I suspect he has a pushy agent that is trying to improve the deal on offer. Lets hope it is not the same agent Hammond has and that El-Abd will tell him to accept the best deal on offer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not even that good? He was one of our better performers last season and added an edge of steel that we badly missed when his season finished. Not only can he play in numerous positions, he is fairly good at them all. Was he too popular with Wilkins for your liking?

He's not that good BOF, easily replaceable.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As CB posted on the other thread, at 23 we're entitled to compo if he leaves, but ONLY if our offer is still there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am still waiting to know why my proposition is tiresome. El Abd is tiresome. The club has had enough players holding them at ransom when they and their agents have an over inflated opinion of their marketability or ability. If he goes I do not expect clubs to be queueing up to sign him. Why I find particularly TIRESOME is the club and Dick Knight having to pander to the players and their agents.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Give him an ultimatum (the end of the week) and get rid.

Didn't realise he was 23 though, in which case the bastard clearly isn't signing but we won't withdraw for the compensation reason. El-abd = :tosser:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Instead of that old bollocks try actually putting your case across if you have one.

My case for why you're so tiresome?

The case for El Abd is simple- he is fully entitled to weigh up his options and there is no reason why he must sign a contract on the day it is offered.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You don't half set yourself up for trouble US!

Why, its a perfectly reasonable question and point of view. In what other job would you get an improved contract and still not have given them a decision 5 weeks later and still have your job.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My case for why you're so tiresome?

The case for El Abd is simple- he is fully entitled to weigh up his options and there is no reason why he must sign a contract on the day it is offered.

No but don't you think he's taking the piss. He is not Thierry Henry and Adams needs to know his decision as he is signing players NOw and planning for next season NOW and his decision is a factor in Adams planning. Its very discourteous,

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really the first friendlies start in 5 weeks and the season starts in a little over 2 months, he is planning NOW and if El Abd is not part of it he needs a replacement ready for early July to bed in before the season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here