Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean when we win

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What was the atmosphere like when we tonked the Orient 4-1 at Withers - i would have assumed the place was rocking? If not why the fcuk not.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the atmosphere was mostly shit , got going a little bit. I remember at 3 - 0 turning on E block and telling them all to shvt the f k up moaning.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It wasn't too bad (for Withdean), but as per usual - at the end everyone seemed keen to get out of the stadium, rather than enjoy the fine victory.

Usual amount of moaners who are still stuck in the 'glory days'.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Goring Gull said:
What was the atmosphere like when we tonked the Orient 4-1 at Withers - i would have assumed the place was rocking? If not why the fcuk not.

Too many people tucking into prawn sandwiches or telling people to sit down.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
The novelty wore off ages ago- things is as the weather turns shitter the atmosphers only going to get worse.

To be fair though, there arent many teams in this division that have a cracking home atmosphere-

im thinking bristol city/carlisle.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Goring Gull said:
Judging by this, preferring to do your moaning from afar rather than get behind the team, I take it?

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Re: Re: Withdean when we win

DAMANCLAY said:

Prawn Sandwiches? Where? I have never seen any at Withdean.

I like Prawn sandwiches

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

DAMANCLAY said:

word , surely if you go to games you expect people to stand up once in a while (when we are on the attack) hence if you don't want to stand you get a seat near the front?

duh - hence why you don't get as many moaners at away games when its sit where you like.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
That's an absolute disgrace if we can't get an atmosphere when we are 4-1 winners god help us......

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield

Man of Harveys said:
Judging by this, preferring to do your moaning from afar rather than get behind the team, I take it?

I tend to stick to the away games with the other Real supporters of this club - withdean holds no intrest in general both performances on the pitch and in the stands.

I take it that you were one of the silents at this rout of orient.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Withdean when we win

Goring Gull said:
I tend to stick to the away games with the other Real supporters of this club - withdean holds no intrest in general both performances on the pitch and in the stands.

So you have no interest in helping the club financially? Thought not. Oh, and don't you still have some explaining to do on the other thread about Dick Knight's Falmer cock-up...?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Goring Gull said:

Yes. I am entirely MUTE during games - on principle, ffs.:shootself

So there are two entirely Brighton and Hove Albion sides playing at home and away game? Well - I've learnt something today too.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Goring Gull said:

You prune. There is no such thing as a REAL supporter. Dismissing those that go to Withdean as 'unreal' supporters is an absolute disgrace.

Paying £25 to sit in a dodgy stadium open to the elements is dedication.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Braders7 said:
word , surely if you go to games you expect people to stand up once in a while (when we are on the attack) hence if you don't want to stand you get a seat near the front?

duh - hence why you don't get as many moaners at away games when its sit where you like.

You would think so wouldn't you. People are even getting kicked out for swearing now, Withdean is laughable.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Goring Gull said:

No finacially support at all for the club then.

Care to explain what you mean by real supporters?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Re: Re: Re: Re: Withdean when we win

DAMANCLAY said:
No finacially support at all for the club then.

Care to explain what you mean by real supporters?

I get a quiet day at work nd try to spark a lively debate about the merits of watching this club home and away and all i get is abuse.... no wonder no one wants to play for us if this is what they get.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Withdean when we win

Goring Gull said:
I get a quiet day at work nd try to spark a lively debate about the merits of watching this club home and away and all i get is abuse.... no wonder no one wants to play for us if this is what they get.

That wasn't abuse, I was just curious as to what you meant by real supporters.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The real supporters of this club are DK and Martin Perry the ones who have come in and saved the club and in all fairness despite the stick they get on here are doing all they can to see it prosper. The rest of us only contribute due to the fact that the club still exists.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Goring Gull said:

Originally posted by Goring Gull

The real supporters of this club are DK and Martin Perry the ones who have come in and saved the club and in all fairness despite the stick they get on here are doing all they can to see it prosper. The rest of us only contribute due to the fact that the club still exists.

Im confused, How did that make any sense? Are you saying that DK and MP dont go to home games?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Goring Gull said:
Goring Gull said:
Is it about time DK went - from the sound of it he;s also been cocking up things relating to Falmer.

So...if I've understood this correctly...the REAL supporters are actually the ones cocking up Falmer!...no offence or anything but are you sure you're not one of the SURREAL supporters?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here