Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdean was not covered at 4pm today

You don't cover a pitch just cause it rains.

Shh, you'll upset the wannabe ground staff on here that are all EXPERTS on looking after a football pitch of grass.
If only some of NSC looked after the Withdean pitch, it would be like a golf green ALL the time.

Hey NSC experts, try covering a part of your garden and look at how strong and healthy that grass becomes - then apply for a job tending at Withdean so the matches can always go ahead. :rolleyes:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
They borrowed it in 1995 when we played Cardiff, the game was sponsored by Gulls Eye, but it was called off just before the gates were due to open.

You sure Harty? Not sure if it was the same game but I'm sure I watched it do it's work from the north stand. I think the game still may have been called off though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You sure Harty? Not sure if it was the same game but I'm sure I watched it do it's work from the north stand. I think the game still may have been called off though.

Yeah, I think I got into the ground to and watched it do it's best to get the water of the pitch but as it was still raining as they were clearing it the pitch was never going to be anything but waterlogged. I seem to remember the game was finally postponed at about 8:15??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here