Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdean was not covered at 4pm today

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
I drove past the theatre of trees today at 4pm and there were no covers in place and noticed big puddles throughout the centre areas of the pitch. Don't think the game will be on, don't understand why they did not make any attempts to cover the pitch, but at the same time, it must be diificult covering the pitch then trying to get rid of the water.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
they're f***ing idiots if they haven't had the covers on today

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It drains ok anyway. Calm down.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Are we playing cricket on it then ???

Might as well - there has been a distinct lack of football played so far this season, just lots of aimless hoofing;)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I walked past a pond today where someone had left their goldfish out to get wet in the rain.

I called the RSPCA.

D

Deleted User X18H

Do you mean covered as in shielded by something artificial or covered as in being f***ed by a horse??

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
No. I haven't got one.

But if you're going to use that analogy, please remember that I am not two and a bit acres of professional grade turf, with a sandy drainage bed underneath.

How you treat said turf, and how you treat humans are very slightly different.

right, but covering the pitch to keep the rain off is a good idea when it has been as bad as it has been today.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
right, but covering the pitch to keep the rain off is a good idea when it has been as bad as it has been today.

Says who?

If professional groundstaff decide that the pitch didn't need covering, (maybe it had been covered, and they uncovered it mid-afternoon - who knows?) then they wouldn't cover it.

They have to take far more into consideration when looking after the pitch than 'it's pissing down at the moment'.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I have only seen pitches covered if there was going to be frost or snow, not rain??

Surely its better to let the drainage system do the work than put some plastic sheets on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here